WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MEAL/FOOD?

Page 1 / 3
ant_sonja, Jan 1, 1:46am
I couldn't possibly decide on just one meal! Most Greek & Italian foods are definite favorites - as well as simple stuff like a perfectly cooked roast beef, cold the next day, thinly sliced - yum! Love fresh salads, couldn't live without those. Home made breads, sourdough especially and cold smoked meats & Salmon. Cherries which I simply can't stop eating this time of year. Love my whole raw milk and cream & cheeses too. I could go on really. :-)

paghan, Jan 1, 4:34am
My fav meal is Pork chops, chips and stewed tomatoes, and every year for my birthday as long as I can remember thats what I have had, LOVE IT.lol.it is my birthday on Monday 3 Jan and I have my chop in the freezer just waiting for me.lol

seniorbones, Jan 1, 7:23am
My grandmothers roast dinners - dont know what she did but they were the best, now shes gone it was rib eye steak with veges but since I cant eat that anymore my favourite would be corned beef/carrots/mashed tatties/cabbage-silverbeet cooked in garlic butter and fresh beans, and must have mustard sauce, but since I have lost over 30kg's I would just have a tsp of everything I get so full very quickly!

seniorbones, Jan 1, 7:24am
oh and desert is the weirdest, chopped up banana with raspberry jam covered with custard and cream on top.I told someone at work I had this for lunch one day and they said it sounded disgusting.but try it if you love custard its yummy!

valentino, Jan 2, 6:55am
Toss up between a lovely fresh straight from the sea succulent white fleshy fish and the other favourite - fresh NZ Whitebait.

And the salad to go with it would have to be a nice citric-ginger vietnese similar style salad.

Next in line would be similar to cook's roasted meat(happy with any nice red meat) and roasted veges to match, and off course, the right gravy.

mallee, Dec 15, 5:42am
I thought it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on food.

petal89, Dec 15, 5:43am
When it comes to something yummy I like all types of salads, or Pasta dishes I also like a yummy hearty Casserole! Love the food channel on sky its great get loads of yummy ideas! nom nom

mallee, Dec 15, 5:46am
I think mine has to be Thai, hotter the better.

petal89, Dec 15, 6:06am
i like a good peanut satay stir fry yum yum, also i like a nice butter chicken oe mango chicken from the Indian palace nom nom
with cheesy garlic naan bread

mallee, Dec 15, 6:11am
So, you sound to me like you appreciate most food. Way to go petal89

tarankyle, Dec 15, 6:25am
A good old roast with all the trimmings and heaps of vegies, or a very hot curry on rice

tinawal, Dec 15, 7:13am
hot chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

smchkn, Dec 15, 11:43pm
Ice cream for sweet, pizza with the lot for savoury

jag5, Dec 16, 3:13am
Crumbed schnitzel......steamed fresh asparagus and hollandaise sauce.Perfect.Add to that some diced potatoes, boiled till done, chuck in some butter and chopped chives....mmm....mmmmmm

jerrytravis, Dec 16, 4:06am
Soul Food! Maori Kai!

any stew accompanied with whipped potatoes

anyhing that resembles a Boii up

anything that comes off the BBQ or smoker

majurti, Dec 16, 4:11am
chilli con carne especially re heated the next day

mallee, Dec 16, 4:16am
Yep Chilli con carne, and curries alway's taste better 24 hours after cooking, the resting time seems to bring out the full flavours.

prendy1, Dec 16, 6:08am
Hot smoked salmon, asparagus and new potatoes, with a good squeeze of lemon juice.

kate777, Dec 16, 8:17am
Hot Malaysian curry with fresh roti.

usualsuspect, Dec 16, 8:33am
l LOVE club sandwiches ....i really really really do ...

wheelz, Dec 16, 9:30am
currycurrycurrycurry........and no, I'm not Indian :-) Just have a hubby who detests it, so it isn't made very much, and then I have to cook another acceptable dish for him :-S
And as with the above poster, I also adore a good club sandwich !

coconutbuns, Dec 16, 6:36pm
It has to be roast pork dinner with roast spuds pumpkin kumara & veg or salad, gravy, apple sauce, crackling, the works, and hot fresh unhealthy WHITE buns with BUTTER - straight out of the oven. That is my favourite dinner. Can't have it too often though or I will end up the size of a bus

cottagerose, Dec 16, 6:56pm
It would have to be a barbaque with different salads. I love trying new salads made by different people

lilyfield, Dec 16, 8:25pm
cheese and crackers-- a luxury these days

cheese-mike, Dec 16, 11:02pm
Pork ribs!!!!
Strawberries!!!