WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MEAL/FOOD?

Page 3 / 3
jag5, Dec 17, 3:13am
Crumbed schnitzel.steamed fresh asparagus and hollandaise sauce.Perfect.Add to that some diced potatoes, boiled till done, chuck in some butter and chopped chives.mmm.mmmmmm

mallee, Dec 17, 4:16am
Yep Chilli con carne, and curries alway's taste better 24 hours after cooking, the resting time seems to bring out the full flavours.

usualsuspect, Dec 17, 8:33am
l LOVE club sandwiches .i really really really do .

wheelz, Dec 17, 9:30am
currycurrycurrycurry.and no, I'm not Indian :-) Just have a hubby who detests it, so it isn't made very much, and then I have to cook another acceptable dish for him :-S
And as with the above poster, I also adore a good club sandwich !

coconutbuns, Dec 17, 6:36pm
It has to be roast pork dinner with roast spuds pumpkin kumara & veg or salad, gravy, apple sauce, crackling, the works, and hot fresh unhealthy WHITE buns with BUTTER - straight out of the oven. That is my favourite dinner. Can't have it too often though or I will end up the size of a bus

cheese-mike, Dec 17, 11:02pm
Pork ribs!
Strawberries!

chynna2, Dec 18, 2:45am
Spaghetti Bolognaise!I've been eating it from the moment I went onto solids!

I even had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner on my 21st - yummo! :-)

Only prob is that I never order it at restaurants as I know that it will never be as good as mine LOL!

petal89, Dec 18, 7:15am
I too love a good hearty roast! best roast meal I hv had is prob a venison roast. wild pig roast nom nom. I was thinking to myself the other day if i had to eat one main meal every day for a year but can do different variations it would be PASTA DISHES :-) lol

margyr, Dec 18, 7:40am
anything cooked by some one else!

elliehen, Dec 18, 9:00am
Love it!

And a poached egg on toast.a post-Christmas antidote to too much fancy food.

chynna2, Dec 18, 10:00am
Ok mallee - it is very easy - although my Mum used to make a real nice rich sauce using herbs, tomato puree, red wine etc.

I just cook a large chopped onion with some crushed garlic in small amount of oil, add about 500gms mince, cook til browned.Then add a tin of Watties pasta sauce (usually tomato & onion or tomato & mushroom), but my secret is to put a couple of teaspoons of sugar into the sauce as it takes the "bite" of the tomatos out of it.Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti, grate cheese over it (add parmesan too for real cheesy taste!), and enjoy!

I also make the same sauce for my lasagne, and layer it with cooked lasagne then top the final pasta layer with cheese sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese, and bake for 20-30 mins.

There's rarely any leftovers with either option! :-)

jaz8, Dec 18, 10:04am
Right now it is steak with mushroom sauce (cream, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt with lots of ground pepper), asparagus, oven chips, and salad. I absolutely love the sauce but it is only good if there is meat and greens on the plate (must be a thing from childhood - have to have my veges!).

I like a lot of different foods. I am diabetic so typically my favourite comfort foods are the ones I can't eat.Nowadays I mostly just love fresh, simple food.

jbsouthland, Dec 18, 10:04pm
Properly old styleSmoked Fish!.Spag Bol nice too . esp homemade and reheated.!But if had to chose foreverto eat diet.Veges and Fruit.!

jbsouthland, Dec 18, 10:06pm
Crispy Skin Chicken.yummy if from authetic Chinese Restaurant!