Has anyone got a food sealer

apple741, Jun 22, 8:24am
am thinking of getting one and want to know what brand is a good one to get. a vacum sealer that can seal not just the sepcial bags but also chip packets etc

greg.n.michelle, Jun 22, 10:05am
yep I have one...brought in a hunting fishin place of all things. I did not want tobuy one of the briscoes type they tend to be a bit flimsy you can by the bags at shops around the place but I am based in auckland!
BTW great machine I mainly use it for walnut season... I crack my nuts ( I know it sounds wrong) and seal them up in 2 cup bags for baking.

winnie231, Jun 22, 10:10am
A couple of listings here on TM ...# 385425992 & # 386288756

joey2221, Jun 22, 10:10am
we have one we use it all the time wouldnt do without it

janny3, Jun 22, 10:22am
I got the cheap one now sold at the Warehouse.It does the job very well & getting the bag rolls throughout the country is as easy as finding a Warehouse.Sometimes after the bags have sealed weeks later the seal seems to have allowed air in.

Those Fishing shop ones tempt me.What were you looking for?

debudder, Jun 22, 11:26am
i also have the warehouse model and it is great.

apple741, Jun 22, 11:09pm
i want one that will hold the seal well, a vac seal one. i heard somewhere the sunbeam ones are good but just want to know what model/brands people like also would be nice to be able to seal other bags as well (other than the ones that come with it)

pocketmouse, Jun 23, 1:15am
I had one which wore out after 10yrs, so I replaced it. What I discovered was my original one had a double seal & I unknowingly replaced it with a single seal. The difference was obvious when I wanted to seal in liquids.

pocketmouse, Jun 23, 1:20am
I have found you can use any plastic on all of them. Don't buy Salton (single seal). Decosonic is one brand that does have a double seal.

pocketmouse, Jun 23, 2:00am
Auction 385123759 for a DecoSonic Brand

greg.n.michelle, Jun 23, 7:33am
I have gone and looked at the vac sealer and its called innovation it has a cutter on the machine and you can buy bags or rolls i mostly use the rolls as you have more control of the size of the bag and prevent waste.