Food Show Auckland

evorotorua, Jul 28, 4:59am
So, how was it, tips, ideas, recommendations?

leogal1, Jul 29, 4:19am
We just got back from The Food Show, and we really enjoyed ourselves! Highlights were cooking demonstrations from Simon Gault, Lauraine Jacobsen and a chef at the Barilla Pasta stand as well as all the tastings galore from the many exhibitors!We arrived earlier and found a free car park on a side street (saving $6), and if you're a real foodie and need something to cart around all your goodies, and trolley bag would be a great idea!Big thumbs up from us!!

evorotorua, Jul 29, 4:59am
So, how was it, tips, ideas, recommendations!

fee1965, Jul 29, 5:14am
Just did an epic 5 hour food show trip, awesome, watched Simon Gault cooking demo too.Lots of good tastings.

leogal1, Jul 30, 4:19am
We just got back from The Food Show, and we really enjoyed ourselves! Highlights were cooking demonstrations from Simon Gault, Lauraine Jacobsen and a chef at the Barilla Pasta stand as well as all the tastings galore from the many exhibitors!We arrived earlier and found a free car park on a side street (saving $6), and if you're a real foodie and need something to cart around all your goodies, and trolley bag would be a great idea!Big thumbs up from us!

evorotorua, Jul 30, 9:28pm
I went on Friday. I have been several times now and love it. The trolley bags would be a great idea but please, if you have one, remember it is behind you. Lots of people had them and just kind of forgot they were there and taking up extra room at the stands. I am pretty patient but others got annoyed. I will be going next year. We parked in the paid parking which was good. Because we are from Rotorua we always take a chilly bin and someone just takes the bags of stuff out to the car periodically. Not too far to walk to it every hour. We love it. I love being able to taste the samples of meats and cheese and then buy them at a better price. It's a treat thing for me. It would have been nice to have more 'take home' samples but it gets expensive for the stall holders I guess .

lyl_guy, Jul 31, 4:37am
Just arrived home from the show.We were SO lucky... a lovely lady was walking down the road coming out... and gave us TWO FREE TICKETS to get in!Her friends hadn't arrived, so they were spare... wooohooo!
Anyway, I'm pleased we didn't pay the $50 entry (partner and I) because truthfully I don't feel it would have been worth it.There was a bit too much repetition with some things (eg. OLIVES and Olive Oils!!) and lots of pretty much 'average' stands for yoghurts, fruit juices etc.I bought some gorgeous garlic oil, some breads and some cheese.... but it was the same stuff I go to Farro or Nosh for.What we did taste was very good though.

eastie3, Jul 31, 6:26am
I heartily agree with your comment re the abundance of olive oils and the like.I didn't bother going this year,the first time I have missed since it began in Wellington.I loved the cooking demos and always spent most of my time watching them.

motorbo, Jul 31, 6:36am
this year was my first time at a food show and i went to welly with my son and has gf, next year i might go alone, ha ha so i can sit in the cooking demo hall all day!!!

evorotorua, Jul 31, 9:28pm
I went on Friday. I have been several times now and love it. The trolley bags would be a great idea but please, if you have one, remember it is behind you. Lots of people had them and just kind of forgot they were there and taking up extra room at the stands. I am pretty patient but others got annoyed. I will be going next year. We parked in the paid parking which was good. Because we are from Rotorua we always take a chilly bin and someone just takes the bags of stuff out to the car periodically. Not too far to walk to it every hour. We love it. I love being able to taste the samples of meats and cheese and then buy them at a better price. It's a treat thing for me. It would have been nice to have more 'take home' samples but it gets expensive for the stall holders I guess .

lyl_guy, Aug 1, 4:37am
Just arrived home from the show.We were SO lucky. a lovely lady was walking down the road coming out. and gave us TWO FREE TICKETS to get in!Her friends hadn't arrived, so they were spare. wooohooo!
Anyway, I'm pleased we didn't pay the $50 entry (partner and I) because truthfully I don't feel it would have been worth it.There was a bit too much repetition with some things (eg. OLIVES and Olive Oils!) and lots of pretty much 'average' stands for yoghurts, fruit juices etc.I bought some gorgeous garlic oil, some breads and some cheese. but it was the same stuff I go to Farro or Nosh for.What we did taste was very good though.

eastie3, Aug 1, 6:26am
I heartily agree with your comment re the abundance of olive oils and the like.I didn't bother going this year,the first time I have missed since it began in Wellington.I loved the cooking demos and always spent most of my time watching them.

motorbo, Aug 1, 6:36am
this year was my first time at a food show and i went to welly with my son and has gf, next year i might go alone, ha ha so i can sit in the cooking demo hall all day!