New Food Bill could affect you

sparkyc, Jul 4, 5:35am
Hi FYI New Food Bill could affect you. Please read and make a submission, or contact local MP.
www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2010/0160/latest/096
be8ed8067340b.pdf
This new bill places a lot of restrictions on food. Causing an offence can land you with a $50000 fine or 5 years in jail. Even people swaping veges from their gardens can be fined.

actros2, Jul 4, 5:54am
Link doesn't seem to work :(

patxyz, Jul 4, 5:59am

245sam, Jul 4, 6:03am

pom-pom, Jul 4, 6:42am
Which bit of the legislation applies to allow a fine to be imposed with neighbours swapping veggies?????!!!! Couldn't see it myself.

sparkyc, Jul 4, 6:54am
It's to do with bartering.

carl-van-essen, Jul 4, 10:38am
Unfortunately the link does not work for me. Nothing wrong with bartering..

carl-van-essen, Jul 4, 10:48am
Ok just downloaded it all 6.4mb of it. 378 pages. That's like downloading a whole song lol. Where does it say this about bartering not being allowed. Sounds a bit ridiculous, are you sure you read it correctly? I'll scan through it tomorrow..

sparkyc, Jul 4, 10:59am

sparkyc, Jul 4, 11:02am
I was talking to a person that works at the Foodbanks. They are going to be very affected by this bill.

kuaka, Jul 4, 8:15pm
I downloaded it but as soon as I realised it was 378 pages I deleted it.Couldn't honestly be bothered to even begin reading it.Will wait and see what happens and how/if it affects me.

carl-van-essen, Jul 5, 11:08am
http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/unanimous-support-food-bill-3670021

It says here that it was passed unanimously. Could you please explain where it says about bartering not being allowed.

kuaka, Jul 5, 11:23am
and the people swapping veges in their garden are going to complain to the vege police and report themselves for breaking the law - yeah right!

buzzy110, Jul 5, 11:31am
How about giving us the salient points or a site that bullet points the important parts so that we don't all have to completely wipe out our data cap downloading 378 pages?

beaker59, Jul 5, 11:44am
You might regret that Buzzy this one has a political barrow to push.

go back to the politics section Sparky