Where is the Food lies told by doctors etc gone???

Page 1 / 2
annie642, Jun 26, 6:22am
Please don't tell me it's been deleted :( I've been searching for it for half an hour

fifie, Jun 26, 8:29am
Looks like it might have dropped off. Have you had a look on Vote me not it may be there with all the T/M saved threads.

elliehen, Jun 26, 8:30am

bedazzledjewels, Jun 26, 8:39am
Thanks Ellie - yes, the thread has finally been voted off I suppose.

elliehen, Jun 26, 9:24am
I think it's probably more just a part of Trade me's new tidy-up.

annie642, Jun 26, 9:22pm
Thankyou Ladies

nfh1, Jun 26, 9:26pm
I thought they were supposed to stay for a year after the last post?

pericles, Jun 26, 9:47pm
think that has changed to 45 days

nfh1, Jun 26, 9:50pm
I think that is just General and Opinions - announcement says

"Note that threads in all the other categories that have not had a new post added within the past year are automatically removed;"

strange??

bedazzledjewels, Jun 26, 9:58pm
There had definitely been recent posts there as you can see from Votemenot.
Probably just got to 20 people wanting it voted off so away it went.
Pity as there were good links there - but they're all over at Votemenot.

nfh1, Jun 26, 10:00pm
Yes they are- but it seems an odd thread to vote off.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 26, 11:00pm
From, our perspective, perhaps nfh1. But there was some very "spirited" discussion in there and some people react to certain posters by voting off threads.

pam.delilah, Jun 26, 11:00pm
it has gone back to one year

elliehen, Jun 27, 12:31am
...which is why an intelligent way to debate an issue is to stick to the ideas and resist the temptation to do an 'ad hominem'.

nfh1, Jun 27, 12:47am
I did not discuss in there but regularly read the links, some really interesting stuff sometimes.I cannot see the point in voting it off - surely easier to ignore it altogether.

Oh well - there's nowt queerer than folk I suppose.

elliehen, Jun 27, 3:25am
So says the Yorkshireman, nfh1 ;)

There's another famous quote from Welshman Robert Owen:
"All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer".

buzzy110, Jun 27, 4:55am
Well there is nothing to stop us from starting another thread with the same name.

annie642, Jun 27, 5:06am
good idea buzzy and I am gutted as there was loads of interesting stuff in that thread.You lot have given me a whole new way of thinking! A good way

elliehen, Jun 27, 5:08am
If anyone decides to start a new thread, maybe it could have a less confrontational title??And a more appropriate Messageboard for it would be Health & Beauty.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 27, 5:23am
Good to know there were so many fans.

nfh1, Jun 27, 6:14am
LOL - but I am from the Red Rose County a true Lancashire Lass!

The Robert Owen quote reminded me of my Gran, she used to say that all the time - thank you for the source, I had no idea.

uli, Jun 29, 8:42am
I was most likely the last one to post there about 2 weeks ago - and some people were not happy to have the thread in recipes in the first place - as "health" is not part of recipes and eating obviously.
So it has been finally voted off by those people on recipes that didn't like it for a long long time. My posts brought it up to the top again, so it became visible.

Of course it didn't help that the last 3 posts were about low carb diets and cancer growth :)

elliehen, Jun 29, 8:54am
Anything worth retrieving can easily be found, such as this book description.

'The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who've Lived the Longest'
Author Dan Buettner

QUOTE: National Geographic Explorer Dan Buettner has travelled the globe to uncover the best strategies for longevity found in the Blue Zones: places in the world where higher percentages of people enjoy remarkably long, full lives. And in this book he discloses the recipe, blending this unique lifestyle formula with the latest scientific findings to inspire easy, lasting change that may add years to your life.

You’ll meet a 94-year-old farmer and self-confessed 'ladies man' in Costa Rica, a 102-year-old grandmother in Okinawa, a 102-year-old Sardinian who hikes at least six miles a day, and others. By observing their lifestyles, Buettner's team has identified critical everyday choices.

Family - Family is put ahead of other concerns.
No Smoking - Centenarians do not typically smoke.
Plant-based diet - The majority of food consumed is derived from plants. Constant moderate physical activity - Moderate physical activity is an inseparable part of life.
Social engagement - People of all ages are socially active and integrated into their communities.
Legumes - Legumes are commonly consumed. UNQUOTE

uli, Jul 5, 6:40am
I am so glad you gave that link ellie...

elliehen, Jul 5, 10:29am
Why not??I believe an equal opportunity for ideas :)