Kitchen Aid Food Processor

coreblimey, Jul 31, 11:16pm
I am considering buying one of these off Amazon as they seem to be really cheap.Works out at $300 NZD including $80 freight so $220 for the food processor.Has anybody used one of these processors, I know the stand mixers are considered to be pretty good but what about the processor?The closest I can find here in NZ is from Choice Catering for $600.Has anybody bought stuff from Amazon like this?Thanks for any comments/advice.

macwood2, Aug 1, 7:35am
Hey coreblimey, have just looked at these on Amazon.Gret prices.I noticed quite a variance in the pricing depending on what colour you choose.What colour are you looking at?Actually I realise it is the mixer I am looking at buying not the food processor.Are there any risks?Have you bought from here before?TIA.

cookessentials, Aug 1, 7:48am
If you are buying from the USA or elsewhere, you will need a converter for the power as they run on 110volts in the USA. Also, you will have NO guarantee for them either...the risk is all yours.

cheeseepoof, Aug 1, 7:50am
don't think they sell them to nz, something to do with the warranty, well that happened to me anyway

coreblimey, Aug 1, 9:12am
Hmmm, that's a good point about the warranty, I shall have to consider that.I went through most of the checkout process and they seem happy to sell to an NZ address.I tried to buy a microplane as well ($12 USD!!) and they were not happy with that, not sure why but never mind :).

lyl_guy, Aug 1, 9:16am
I can't buy ANY kitchenware from amazon.co.uk ... they don't ship it to NZ

shop-a-holic, Aug 1, 12:26pm
KitchenAid FOOD processors are available in NZ.Like all giants with 'Agent Sellers Contracts" only certain distributors can sell these items, to only a HANDFUL of "retailers" in NZ. Quite a structured process, but a process nevertheless.

If you buy a KitchenAid appliance, (or any other for that matter) in the US; you will not only require a plug adaptor, but also a VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER too.

eg: If everyone looks at their Xmas lights, have to noticed the heavy black box which comes with them, and then the added plug to fit into NZ sockets? That's because they were made for the base voltage in the world (or their biggest mkt perhaps) which is the US.

That doesn't happen here. If you don't use a transformer, which is effectively reduceing 250v down to 100v which is how the machine was manufactured to operate at; well, it will blow up.

You won't get a warranty buying appliances off-shore. Especially ones which were never made for NZ specs.

KitchenAid Processors are available from all the retail agents in NZ.
Ring them and ask. It's their job (in this restrictive market) to get you the item you deserve. :-)

lyl_guy, Aug 1, 6:58pm
Availability doesn't seem to be the problem... you can easily obtain themhere in NZ... it seems to be the PRICE that's the issue.BUT because of the issues you've said, IMO, No, it's not worth the risk/ hassle of saving a few $$.I looked into Amazon selling kitchen aid artisan mixers, and the cost was about $600 NZ all up.Sure you'd save $300, but have NO warranty, AND have to adapt it for NZ.Not worth it, to me.

lythande1, Aug 1, 8:10pm
And take a look at the user reviews for them. At that price and the number of faults people state I wouldn't bother.

aktow, Aug 2, 6:12pm
i would check if you have to pay import tax on that.. my friend just bought some body buildingdrinks from usa,, he had to pay $245duty in nz