WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MEAL/FOOD?

Page 2 / 3
chynna2, Dec 17, 2:45am
Spaghetti Bolognaise!I've been eating it from the moment I went onto solids!!!

I even had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner on my 21st - yummo!! :-)

Only prob is that I never order it at restaurants as I know that it will never be as good as mine LOL!

mallee, Dec 17, 5:43am
In that case chynna, you had better share it with us other foodies. :-) :-)

visionspring, Dec 17, 5:47am
Chinese roast duck! mmmmmmmmmmm

petal89, Dec 17, 7:15am
I too love a good hearty roast! best roast meal I hv had is prob a venison roast.. wild pig roast nom nom. I was thinking to myself the other day if i had to eat one main meal every day for a year but can do different variations it would be PASTA DISHES :-) lol

margyr, Dec 17, 7:40am
anything cooked by some one else!!!

elliehen, Dec 17, 9:00am
Love it!

And a poached egg on toast...a post-Christmas antidote to too much fancy food.

chynna2, Dec 17, 10:00am
Ok mallee - it is very easy - although my Mum used to make a real nice rich sauce using herbs, tomato puree, red wine etc.

I just cook a large chopped onion with some crushed garlic in small amount of oil, add about 500gms mince, cook til browned.Then add a tin of Watties pasta sauce (usually tomato & onion or tomato & mushroom), but my secret is to put a couple of teaspoons of sugar into the sauce as it takes the "bite" of the tomatos out of it.Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti, grate cheese over it (add parmesan too for real cheesy taste!), and enjoy!

I also make the same sauce for my lasagne, and layer it with cooked lasagne then top the final pasta layer with cheese sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese, and bake for 20-30 mins.

There's rarely any leftovers with either option! :-)

jaz8, Dec 17, 10:04am
Right now it is steak with mushroom sauce (cream, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt with lots of ground pepper), asparagus, oven chips, and salad. I absolutely love the sauce but it is only good if there is meat and greens on the plate (must be a thing from childhood - have to have my veges!).

I like a lot of different foods. I am diabetic so typically my favourite comfort foods are the ones I can't eat.Nowadays I mostly just love fresh, simple food.

jaz8, Dec 17, 10:05am
That is dedication right there!

jbsouthland, Dec 17, 10:04pm
Properly old styleSmoked Fish!!!....Spag Bol nice too .... esp homemade and reheated...!But if had to chose foreverto eat diet....Veges and Fruit...!!!

jbsouthland, Dec 17, 10:06pm
Crispy Skin Chicken....yummy if from authetic Chinese Restaurant!!!!

tapuaeroa1, Dec 17, 10:43pm
Starters:Kina on toast wedges with lots a yummy butter and squeeze of lemon, not too much.
Mains:Fresh Salmon fillet drizzled in olive oil, honey and whole grain mustard, baked 10-15 min with Salad
Dessert:Creamed Paua with Pita bread wedges

noelee, Jan 1, 1:32am
Beef casserole onions potatoes celery carrots kumeras in my crockpot,Apple Pie and ice cream for dessert or custard.

ant_sonja, Jan 1, 1:46am
I couldn't possibly decide on just one meal! Most Greek & Italian foods are definite favorites - as well as simple stuff like a perfectly cooked roast beef, cold the next day, thinly sliced - yum! Love fresh salads, couldn't live without those. Home made breads, sourdough especially and cold smoked meats & Salmon. Cherries which I simply can't stop eating this time of year. Love my whole raw milk and cream & cheeses too. I could go on really... :-)

toadfish, Jan 1, 1:51am
Carbs Carbs Carbs

One of my favourite lunches is fresh bread, cold roast beef and lashings of horseradish.nom nom nom

papariccardo, Jan 1, 2:01am
Truss tomatoes on good toast, plain with just S&P, or with garlic as a bruschetta drizzled with a tiny bit of EVOO & chopped basil. Crumbed sweetbreads on the side with a Thai dipping sauce.

cookessentials, Jan 1, 3:48am
Well, if I was wanting one meal that I would enjoy, it would be my Mothers roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Pretty basic,but a real heartwarming meal and one that evokes many great memories.

paghan, Jan 1, 4:34am
My fav meal is Pork chops, chips and stewed tomatoes, and every year for my birthday as long as I can remember thats what I have had, LOVE IT...lol...it is my birthday on Monday 3 Jan and I have my chop in the freezer just waiting for me...lol

seniorbones, Jan 1, 7:23am
My grandmothers roast dinners - dont know what she did but they were the best, now shes gone it was rib eye steak with veges but since I cant eat that anymore my favourite would be corned beef/carrots/mashed tatties/cabbage-silverbeet cooked in garlic butter and fresh beans, and must have mustard sauce, but since I have lost over 30kg's I would just have a tsp of everything I get so full very quickly!

seniorbones, Jan 1, 7:24am
oh and desert is the weirdest, chopped up banana with raspberry jam covered with custard and cream on top..I told someone at work I had this for lunch one day and they said it sounded disgusting...but try it if you love custard its yummy!

andrea1978, Jan 1, 11:08pm
Depends on my mood really, but I LOVE Luau (some call it palusami), persian rice with the potatoes on the bottom, my mum's roast pork, pig on a spit, spinach, strawberries, my dad's whitebait fritters, also his paua fritters, paua in coconut cream. i'm not gonna lie - pig's head, lambs flap & neck chops are all divine too. i love good pasta & a persian stew my ex used to make called ab ghoust, the pumpkin pie my dad made once when i was a kid, rare to medium rare good steak, duck, blats, food with lots of flavour & spicy food too.I just love food!But it doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to get my attention :)

uli, Jan 2, 1:04am
bump for another year :)

eastie3, Jan 2, 1:48am
Whitebait fritters with malt vinegar.I grew up on the West Coast and thats how we ate them.

In summer I love ratatouille especially served with wiener schnitzel and a green salad with avocado and lots of fresh herbs.I also love strawberries and lemon posset.

In winter I'm into the usual roasts and braises.Not a huge pudding fan but do love creme brulee and pannacotta year round.I love veges of all types with the exception of artichokes and fennel.

Avocado and banana are foods I would hate to live without.

valentino, Jan 2, 6:55am
Toss up between a lovely fresh straight from the sea succulent white fleshy fish and the other favourite - fresh NZ Whitebait.

And the salad to go with it would have to be a nice citric-ginger vietnese similar style salad.

Next in line would be similar to cook's roasted meat(happy with any nice red meat) and roasted veges to match, and off course, the right gravy.

tinawal, Dec 16, 7:13am
hot chips!-