Ideas For Breakfast On Christmas Morning

Page 3 / 3
tanya93, Dec 19, 8:28pm
Crossaints, fresh fruit salad, cheese, bacon or chocolate to fill the crossaints, berry yoghurt, juice for the kids and bubbles for the adults.

blou, Dec 20, 1:03am
Croissants that have been split down the middle and filled with Christmas MInce and them rewarmed in the oven . only one each main is at lunchbest wishes to everyone and thanks for all the fab recipes found here Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year

msmeets, Dec 20, 1:51am
xmas ham on crosoints with cheese/tomatoe.microwaved-
for a few seconds each to warm!"yummy treat"

denise2, Dec 20, 6:33am
Thanks so much,there are some great ideas here.Does anyone have a recipe for Eggs Benedict!

kiwis, Dec 20, 7:47am
Its all in the method. Eggs Bennie
Make a vinegar reduction 1/2 cup malt or cider vinegar,6 peppercorns, reduce that to 2 teaspoons in a saucepan. Seperate 3 eggs, put egg yolks in bowl. Put reduction into bowl with yolks. Melt 250 grams butter in a saucepan. Beat melted butter slowly into the vinegar/egg yolk mixture.that is very slowly. Beat until mayonnaise consistency. Add freshly ground pepper and salt to taste with a dash of tabasco sauce to taste.and YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Oops spoon over poached eggs on english muffins.

jaz8, Dec 20, 11:19am
Is that the most recent foodtown mag! I've been looking for something like this but didn't see it in my one.

Cheers regardless.

-thecrusher-, Dec 20, 11:55pm
Most years for christmas we have pancakes cooked on the bbq with bananas wrapped in bacon (amazing!), bacon and bananas on there own, hashbrowns, croissants, lots of fruit, pineapple cooked on the bbq, champagne and sparkling grape juice. So amazing.
we normally have our big turkey dinner on christmas eve which means we don't have to stress about it on christmas day.

natalie9, Dec 21, 12:29am
Yummy and easier than normal eggs benedict. Toasted bagels, smoked salmon (ham for anyone that doesn't like), scrambled eggs, hollandaise sauce.

smeedle, Dec 21, 6:34am
pikelets.bananas,bacon and maple syrup.berries and cream.

alebix, Dec 21, 10:50am
We have a normal breakfast on xmas morning. toast, cereal. but we buy fancy cereals for the kids.

uli, Dec 14, 6:09am
bump for this years crop of ideas

millseys, Dec 14, 8:19am
Mini Abes bagels with bacon, egg & a blob of hollandaise. And bubbles of course! We will be having our big meal in the middle of the day so don't want to overdo breaky

bo0tsey, Dec 14, 8:05pm
I jsut came across this thread. FANTASTIC ideas, so bumping for 2010 Xmas!

rosathemad, Dec 14, 10:53pm
Last year we had a brunch and the stand-out success was french toast, made with fruit bread from the supermarket, a little cinnamon added to the egg, served with cream and caramelised pears - I've written about making these here: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/06/quick-desserts-caramelised-pears.html but they are very easy, tin of pears, some brown sugar and butter and simmered while you make the french toast. I am definitely a sugar-for-breakfast kind of gal. ;-)

punkinthefirst, Dec 14, 11:07pm
Waffles here too, but made weeks previously (in my waffle iron that used to be my Nana's) and frozen. I just take them out of the freezer and toast them in the toaster. Served with a fresh fruit salad and maple syrup and, for those who are not worrying about their waistline, a bit of lightly whipped cream. Freshly squeezed orange juice and good coffee fill the gaps - and we're all set til lunch.