What's for dinner??

Page 1 / 4
fisher, Dec 6, 4:24am
Fresh big chunks of snapper caught last evening, rolled in "coat and cook".. Soften butter, few drops of olive oil, salt, white pepper and a touch of my dill..Salad (completely from our garden) .. Mushrooms, sliced, cooked in butter with a little white pepper, salt, parsley and peri peri... and a nice corona to wash it all down... hmmmmm
Hint:.. Fresh snapper to ME tastes better after skinned and boned , placed on a plate and lightly salted and left covered in the fridge overnight.

sumstyle, Dec 6, 4:30am
Mmmm, yum fisher!

Mine'll be prawn something.Rice or noodles i haven't decided, gotta walk the dog first.

Edit: spring onions from garden, and I'll see if any scallopini have emerged after a warm weekend.

rainrain1, Dec 6, 4:36am
Braised steak and onions, with kumera and pumpkin........but now drooling at fishers dinner description, I love my fish.....:-)

winnie231, Dec 6, 4:36am
Wow fisher ... I'll be on the next plane lol!
Tuna pasta salad for me ... with all the night shifts I'm doing, there's not alot of fresh food in my kitchen at the mo.

fisher, Dec 6, 4:37am
hmmmm prawns in noodles with spring onions and a nice tasty creamy sauce.... lol:}scallopini on the side...

davidt4, Dec 6, 4:39am
Dry-aged beef T-bones (from the sausage award-winning Grey Lynn Butchers in Great North Road), huge green salad with tarragon and chives vinaigrette, red capsicums stewed with onion, garlic and anchovies.

amiri1, Dec 6, 4:41am
Yum! I love fresh fish but find it hard to find any in the shops that looks good enough for me to buy it! Where have the days gone when dad used to go fishing!?!

Chicken meatballs in a tarragon cream sauce, with pasta for the males. Asparagus and mushrooms to go along with it. Maybe a squeeze of lemon juice on the asparagus, mmmmm! Roll on dinner! :)

fisher, Dec 6, 4:44am
sounds like time for is is short for you Winnie.. Tuna pasta is all good:}
Rainrain... fishing is going off big time in Doubtless bay and the fish are in prime condition.. we throw the big female ones back as they are in spawning mode right now... deep fried, baked in foil, baked whole, smoked and tonight, pan fried in herbed butter mix..
Love braised steak and onions.. and like to mash kumura and pumpkin with some fresh orange juice... yum..

fisher, Dec 6, 4:46am
Amiri... yes tarragon and chicken.. what a match... can you please let us know how you make the tarragon cream sauce..

fisher, Dec 6, 4:47am
davidt4... t bone...Kathy's favorite.. Aged sound scrummy...hmmmm..

rainrain1, Dec 6, 4:50am
I buy fish if I don't get it given to me, can't live without it

winnie231, Dec 6, 4:51am
All good for me fisher ... I get to have a full kitchen brigade cook my dinner each night I'm working lol!

rainrain1, Dec 6, 4:54am
You have the fish fisher, we have the cattlebeasts

jessie981, Dec 6, 4:54am
Everyones choice sounds yum. Been out gardening after work so fish & chips here.

nfh1, Dec 6, 5:41am
Salmon on the BBQ for us.

davidt4, Dec 6, 5:47am
It's Angus Pure as well, so we're hoping for a real treat.

fisher, Dec 6, 7:02am
Swap ya rainrain:}>

amiri1, Dec 6, 8:59am
Tarragon cream sauce: Tarragon, hehe, and cream!
Lol, I just cook the chicken object (meatballs, thighs, etc) and sprinkle with tarragon (I only have dried :() and pour in the cream! Reduce until it's thickened to how you like it!
I like things simple! :)

darlingmole, Dec 6, 9:04am
beef patties, pasta salad with tomatoes/courgette/onion/garli-
c, bacon and sauce, fresh coleslaw and ummm LOTS'o'LOVE!!!

orloc1, Dec 6, 10:33am
whitebait

gojojo2, Dec 6, 10:36am
We had chicken drumbstickens marinated with lemon juice, rind, oil garlic, sage leaves and red onion wedges. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, remove foil and roast another 20 - 30 minutes. Served with duchess potatoes and salad. Popular

gojojo2, Dec 6, 11:23am
nom, nom, nom...where's our invite?

gojojo2, Dec 6, 11:42am
How?

voa, Dec 6, 9:36pm
Quick and easy pasta bake and anything easy this week, can't miss a second of Master Chef

fisher, Dec 6, 4:24am
Fresh big chunks of snapper caught last evening, rolled in "coat and cook". Soften butter, few drops of olive oil, salt, white pepper and a touch of my dill. mix all up and drop a blob under each portion of fish.Salad (completely from our garden) . Mushrooms, sliced, cooked in butter with a little white pepper, salt, parsley and peri peri. and a nice corona to wash it all down. hmmmmm
Hint:. Fresh snapper to ME tastes better after skinned and boned , placed on a plate and lightly salted and left covered in the fridge overnight.