Never used coconut cream whats it used for?

Page 2 / 2
darlingmole, Nov 3, 4:11am
I use it when I've finished making "raw fish" and also sling it in curries and dahl, sometimes in desserts

mallee, Nov 3, 4:15am
Never used CCC, you don't know what youv'e missed hyborn. It's fantastic.

hyborn, Nov 3, 4:17am
ok Mallee what do YOU use it for, Ive always been a very basic cook but starting to try new things so. thought about coconut cream

245sam, Nov 3, 5:58am
hyborn, coconut cream has many uses, both sweet and savoury - try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using coconut cream as the 'Keyword' and Anytime as the 'Date posted' option - you'll find a number of threads with both ideas and recipes for using coconut cream.:-))

wahinetoa62, Nov 3, 6:09am
i use it as a substitute for cream in some savoury and sweet dishes.such as making fritters especially seafood ones, i use it in rice or sago for a hint of coconut.yummy

crystalmoon, Nov 3, 6:28am
Mmmmmm where to start,I love using with island food,palu sami(sp)which is taro leave's,onion and cornbeef with lots of CC.also sticky coconut buns,cornbeef and tomato salad,curries,love it with silverbeet and saute onions.very yummy added to water to cook rice.also lovely in baking.mmmmm feel like some sago and CC now,goes to search pantry.have fun and good for you to want to try new things,you've certainly come to the right place.Enjoy :)

hyborn, Nov 3, 7:51am
You guys make it sound so easy I guess I just add it and see .

uli, Nov 3, 10:00pm
Great isn't it! Cholesterol is the precursor to a hormone called pregnenolone, which has important functions itself, but is also the precursor to all other steroid hormones. Pregnenolone is converted to progesterone, a sex hormone, which in turn is converted into cortisol, which regulates inflammation and blood sugar, aldosterone, which regulates mineral balance and blood pressure, or testosterone, a type of sex hormone referred to as an androgen, which regulates libido, muscle mass, and plays other roles. In females, and to a lesser degree in males, testosterone is further modified, undergoing conversion to estradiol, a different type of sex hormone called an estrogen.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Steroid-Hormones.html

uli, Nov 4, 12:00am
I am glad you confirm that darling - mole .

happygabi, Nov 4, 5:13am
and of course pina colada

uli, Nov 4, 7:22am
And - one year later - we could keep discussing this :)

tarshlove, Nov 4, 7:43am
I made this

Thai Pumpkin SoupRecipe

Ingredients:
1kg Pumpkin diced & skin removed
Oil for oven tray
1 can Coconut Cream (approxiately 400ml)
2 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Paste
1/4 cup Fresh Coriander chopped (optional)

Directions:
1. Drizzle oil into oven tray and scatter in your sliced pumpkin. Put into a preheated oven 180°C for approximately 30 minutes, until golden and cooked. The actual cook time will vary so check after 20 minutes.

2. In a large soup pot cook your red curry paste for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Add in the coconut cream and stir well until combined then remove from heat.

3. Blitz your pumpkin in batches in the food processor with some water then add to curry coconut mix. You can mash it with some water if you don't have a food porcessor.

4. Heat through then stir in the coriander just before you serve.

irenew, Nov 6, 3:15am
It's really good in Indian cooking like Dahl.A chef once told us, don't use the lite variety though, as it has preservatives in it, just use less of the full coconut cream and add some water if you don't want too many calories.

mellish, Nov 6, 5:09am
I use it in satay chicken :) yummo

flint81, Nov 6, 5:19am
raw fish and let my muscles bathe in the for a bit mmmmmmmm lol

chatsmom, Nov 6, 6:23am
CC is one ingredient in Hummingbird cake so I always make one to use any leftover cc from using in a curry.

fronta1, Nov 6, 7:12am
great for vegan dishes especially curries. never without a can in the pantry and you can get the baby cans which are just the right size for adding to curries etc.make sure you shake the can well before opening as the contents can separate and then its useless.
heres one recipe to get you going.
"Chickpea curry with peanut and coconut cream"
Ingredients
1 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons Indian style curry paste
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup vegetable stock
1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into florets
425g can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
200ml can Lite coconut cream
4 cups cooked rice
Coriander or parsley to garnish
METHOD
HEAT a non stick wok over high heat. Saute onion and curry paste for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add peanut spread and vegetable stock, stir until combined.
ADD cauliflower, cover and cook for 5 minutes until cauliflower is just tender. Stir in the chickpeas and spinach leaves, cook until spinach has wilted and chickpeas are heated through. Finish by swirling in the coconut cream.
SERVE over rice in bowls. Garnish with coriander or parsley

peterg1, Nov 6, 7:56am
Lovely in a chicken curry.

irenew, Nov 7, 1:20am
Also, if you don't want to use the whole can you can freeze the rest.I usually freeze it in small containers.It defrosts pretty easily.

jag5, Nov 7, 7:14am
or.if you are watching your intake of fats etc.I replace it with Carnation Light evaporated milk and few drops of Coconut Essence.can't tell the difference.