Anyone like Bounty Bars?

Page 2 / 5
tazzaboy2, Nov 16, 2:19am
this sounds yum and still gonna try them for xmas family treats..is there a receipe for real bounty bars? ie..i have been told to make truffles from toffee pops and cream cheese..

vinee, Nov 16, 11:24pm
Easy - freeze in ice cube tray and then batter the frozen blobs and straight in to the fryer.

It's how deep fried condensed milk is done.

indy95, Nov 17, 12:00am
Deep fried condensed milk ? Now that really is disgusting !

uli, Nov 17, 12:20am
Nah - condensed milk is nothing. Read my thread here about deep frying 1kg of cheese. Unfortunately the original thread is gone now.

indy95, Nov 17, 12:39am
No thank you uli, I think that would be a thread too far and in any case I have far too much respect for my heart and arteries.

madshazza, Nov 17, 1:14am
these are soooooo yummy

davidt4, Nov 17, 1:17am
#29 indy95 - I still think it's hard to beat classic deep-fried Mars Bars for sheer repulsiveness.

indy95, Nov 17, 4:22am
I'm sure you're right, davidt4, but I will have to take your word for it as I have never been able to bring myself to try them.

davidt4, Nov 17, 4:32am
Same here, but I've seen them at a London fish & chip shop.One sighting was enough.

uli, Nov 17, 4:40am
davidt4 - if the dough would be a nice crisp one and the oil really hot (and not the fish and chip shop crappy fat) the deep-fried mars bars could be nice as a dessert - especially when eaten together with something outrageous like whipped cream with horseradish or ginger and chilli icecream or something else exciting :)
And I am not talking about 1 mars bar per person either LOL

davidt4, Nov 17, 4:42am
Nooooooo.........Please don't make me eat it...

uli, Nov 17, 4:43am
Hehe - why knot?

davidt4, Nov 17, 5:17am
Tell you what - I'll eat the batter, you eat the Mars Bar.

indy95, Nov 17, 5:39am
No, I still like the thought of Deep Fried Ambrosia, after all it's not so far removed from Baked Alaska in some ways. Now there's an idea..................Deep Fried Baked Alaska ? Might need to egg and crumb it first.

davidt4, Nov 17, 5:55am
Deep fried Baked Alaska with a lolly cake as the base?

girlracer63, Nov 17, 5:58am
the truffles from toffee pops(white ones) and cream cheese are brilliant. I make them every christmas now

indy95, Nov 17, 6:08am
Tut tut, there is no need to go overboard, david. That sounds like a great way to ruin a perfectly good idea. Lolly cake indeed. Blerk !!!

vinny8, Nov 17, 8:51am
Many thanks nauru, just tried the recipe and they are yummy, an excellent recipe for a special treat. Thank you.

andrea1978, Nov 17, 10:24pm
Indeed!I didn't know recipes was such a catty section ... meowwwwww!

indy95, Nov 17, 10:59pm
It isn't usually, andrea, most of us are friendly, helpful and of course highly intelligent ! Please feel free to ask a question whenever you need to and someone is sure to be able to answer it.

kaddiew, Nov 18, 1:09am
I made nauru's bounty bars yesterday, and they're just fabulous. And they freeze well too - can even eat them straight from the freezer (damnit!)Life's too short not to be able to have the occasional sweet treat. :)

nauru, Nov 18, 1:35am
I'mpleased to hear that those of you who have tried the recipe, liked the end product.Thanks for passing on the freezing tip kaddiew, just the place to hide a batch ready for Christmas treats.Happy cooking everyone.

miss_vampy, Nov 18, 4:28am
I made these today and they're amazing! Thank you for sharing the recipe. :)

carrie2, Nov 19, 7:13am
I'm going to make some of these for xmas, thanks!

nauru, Nov 28, 4:32am
Just made these again but substituted 1/4 cup chopped cherries for 1/4 cup coconut . Rinse & dry the cherries before chopping then add to the coconut and follow original recipe. I made this into small squares before dipping in the chocolate, or you can roll into balls.Another Xmas treat.