Bounty Bars

fee1965, Nov 21, 1:46am
I saw a recipe on here a while back for the bounty bar mixture.Was gonna make bounty balls and dip em in choc for xmas treats.Does anyone still have the recipe?

stitch50, Nov 21, 1:59am
I have made these a couple of times and they are very near the real thing. I have also rolled the mixture into balls before dipping.
1 cup coconut, 2 tbls. icing sugar, condensed milk as needed, 200g chocolate dark or milk. Mix together icing sugar, coconut and enough milk to need to a paste. Shape into pieces and chill for 15 mins. Dip in melted chocolate and leave to set.
Copy and pasted from here, but I'm not sure of the original poster . but they are divine, I made them as truffles ,and I'll make them as xmas treats again this year,

greerg, Nov 21, 9:39am
That was Nauru's recipe and I have already frozen many undipped ones ready for Christmas.It's excellent.

aimz_bj, Nov 22, 2:39am
I know what I am making next weekend! :)

uli, Nov 22, 5:17am
Don't forget to make Nigella's Fried Bounty Bars as well:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=93284

This seems "essential" for babies!

lost-in-oz, Nov 22, 5:31am
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Uli.........

uli, Nov 22, 5:54am
"lost-in-oz" - nice user name :)

It is a well know recipe from Nigella's cookbook.
And I happened to find it on a forum called "essential baby".

Do you think the mums there are sarcastic - or what were you trying to convey?

nauru, Nov 22, 10:14am
I see my Bounty Bar recipe is doing the rounds again.Hope that you all enjoy the Christmas treat.Try adding chopped cherries to the recipe too, roll into balls and coat in dark chocolate, very nice.Hopefully all the sarcastic remarks made in last years post will not be repeated.

ifonly, Nov 24, 7:13am
Sounds yummy and easy to make

gardie, Nov 24, 7:58am
Yummm - cherry ripe bars!(Lots of cherries needed).I guess you could pop in a bit of cherry brandy for something special.I'm going to try these this year.

jaybee6, Nov 24, 8:32am
These were the best ever to die for.Made heaps last year and will make again this year.I have passed this on to so many.Yummmmmmmmmmmm lovely.

gardie, Nov 24, 4:39pm
Can anyone give me an idea of about how much condensed milk - a tablespoon or a cup?

uli, Nov 24, 9:47pm
as much as the mixture will take ...

nauru, Nov 25, 1:10am
I use about 1-2 tablsp, just enough to make it moist and find that is quite sufficient.

nauru, Nov 25, 1:12am
Someone added the Cherry brandy and the bars turned out well.Just have to make sure not to overdo it or the mix might be too soft to dip.

sjordan, Nov 25, 4:29am
OMG these were to die for. I am buying some cherries to make cherry ones. So yummm Thanks for the recipie

bootsnall1, Sep 23, 9:08am
I added malibu to mine..delish. (muffen)