Muesli bars...

pickles7, Mar 6, 6:35am
We made these before you could even buy muesli bars, sold like hot cakes.
Lightly toast
1 cup each of;
sesame seeds
sunflower seeds
coconut
cashew nuts
add;
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of sultanas
Heat to a soft ball stage116 deg c 240 deg f
100 grams of butter
11/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of brown sugar
mix with the dry ingredients and press into a swiss roll tin to set. cut into 20 bars.
We would change the sultanas to make them different.
ch dry pineapple...ch apricots...ch apricots and slivered almonds[replaced the cashews] dried bananas [popular], these days there are even more options. dried blueberries, cranberries,lots of things we couldn't get back then.

lx4000, Mar 6, 7:37am
sounds good but don't have the thermometer:(

bunny51, Mar 6, 8:00am
YOu could just boil till a small drop forms a soft ball when dropped into a glass of cold water.

They sound reallly nice I will try them next time I do some baking

pickles7, Mar 6, 8:06am
soft balltemp.
The sugar thermometers are not that expensive really, I have used mine heaps over the years. I reckon the extra jars of jam are well worth it. I don't test jam anymore, sets every time. Could have paid for it self in two lots of marmalade.

pickles7, Mar 6, 8:10am
lol, had to look at your profile bunny, in case you were my bowling buddy.

kuaka, Mar 6, 9:36am
that sounds yummy and very much like my "birdseed bar" recipe.

earthangel4, Mar 6, 10:04am
I am looking for muesli bars that have no sugar,when anyone have a recipe please.

pickles7, Mar 7, 5:30am
sorry, hard to get them to stick, you would need a baked slice I would think. Have you googled for a recipe???

pickles7, Mar 7, 5:32am
yes it would be...kuaka...if we were a bit slow getting it pressed out we would just zap it.

earthangel4, Mar 7, 6:11am
Thanks Pickles,well do.

pickles7, Mar 7, 6:35am
We made these before you could even buy muesli bars, sold like hot cakes.
Lightly toast
1 cup each of;
sesame seeds
sunflower seeds
coconut
cashew nuts
add;
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of sultanas
Heat to a soft ball stage116 deg c 240 deg f
100 grams of butter
11/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of brown sugar
mix with the dry ingredients and press into a swiss roll tin to set. cut into 20 bars.
We would change the sultanas to make them different.
ch dry pineapple.ch apricots.ch apricots and slivered almonds[replaced the cashews] dried bananas [popular], these days there are even more options. dried blueberries, cranberries,lots of things we couldn't get back then.

lx4000, Mar 7, 7:37am
sounds good but don't have the thermometer:(

pickles7, Mar 7, 8:06am
soft balltemp.
The sugar thermometers are not that expensive really, I have used mine heaps over the years. I reckon the extra jars of jam are well worth it. I don't test jam anymore, sets every time. Could have paid for it self in two lots of marmalade.

pickles7, Mar 8, 5:30am
sorry, hard to get them to stick, you would need a baked slice I would think. Have you googled for a recipe!

pickles7, Mar 8, 5:32am
yes it would be.kuaka.if we were a bit slow getting it pressed out we would just zap it.