Muesli recipe wanted

magenta, May 8, 11:48pm
Help! I have lost my recipe for homemade muesli. I have not made it for a while and now I seem to have lost it. It was one where you toast the oats and I think coconutin the oven for a while and then add other ingredients when cooled. I can probably reconstruct it but have forgotten the proportions. I have used Google but cannot seem to find one that has stuff you can get in NZ!

hezwez, May 9, 12:13am
My favourite is: Brainpower Muesli from the book "Learning to Learn"
Mix in a large oven pan
6 ~ 8 cups rolled oats
1 ~ 2 cups buckwheat groats
2 cups millet flakes or ground millet
2 cups oatbran
1 cup ground linseed
Bake 30 minutes at 170, stirring several times.
Melt together 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup sunflower, soya, or olive oil, add to warm cereal mixture and stir well. Stir into the mixture 1 ~2 cups chopped almond and brazil nuts, 1 cup fresh wheatgerm, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup sunflower/pumpkin seeds, half cup of lecithin, 1 ~2 cups dried fruit, apricots, raisins, dates, apple. You can add other fruit such as figs, sultanas, dried banana, and other nuts such as walnuts, peanuts, and other cereals such as rye and bran flakes.

snapit, May 9, 7:51am
Toasted Muesli

Group 1
! /2 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup chopped nuts
¼ pumpkin seeds
Roast these in separate oven dishes in the oven turning till nicely done, or dry toast in a fry pan separately. Each seed or nut has their own oils and cook at different rates can use other seeds and nuts to suit taste.
Group 2
½ cup liquid honey (or soft runny honey not the solid clover type)
¼ cup orange juice (or other juice to suit, apple, pineapple, tangelo)
¼ cup brown sugar
Combine this group it may be necessary to warm the honey a little to help with mixing.
Group 3
½ cup oat bran
4 cups whole grain oats
½ cup wheatgerm
combine these. I used Harraways wholegrain oats. Can also add some all bran or baking bran for higher fibre.
Group 4
1 cup dried apricots chopped
½ cup dried apple pieces
Can use other dried fruits to suit taste and availability. Raisins, sultanas peach, pear,
berries, pineapple, melon, papaya, cranberries.

Mix group 1 and 3 then mix in group 2 Spread into roasting dish and toast in oven 200C for 20mins aprox. Watch and stir frequently to aid even toasting and to your taste. . Remove from oven and add group 4 mix and leave to cool before storing in an airtight container

My children loved this and would have a scoop of this as their after school snack. They are both in there 30s nowFrom memory I used the whole big bag of whole grain oats and made a double mixture

There is a different recipe on the back of the Harraway Whole grain oats .

Also check out this thread
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=281640

This thread appeared originally on Trademe Community recipes
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Threads. aspx
? topic=13

cookessentials, Apr 15, 12:17pm
I use wholegrain oats, wheatgerm, coconut, sunflower seeds, dates chopped, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, and any dried fruit I fancy such as apricots, dried apple, cranberries etc. I dont use added sugar, however, I use runny honey and a little orange juice and mix well. I spread mixture into a roasting pan and bake slowly at about 100C, stirring every so often. I store in a clip top jar