125gms melted butter
1tspoon baking soda mix the wet with the dry & bake about 3/4 -
1 hour 180 i always double this which makes a huge cake
TOPPING FOR ABOVE CAKE
250grms coconut
125gms butter
2 egg yolks
1 can carnation evapourated milk
1 cup sugar mix all in pot & cook until thick make sure to stir so it does not stick/burn spread on top of cake, i only use this now & then but is my fav with this cake but just a nice icing is fine

elaine301, Oct 31, 9:50am
nice n easy xmas cake 1c boilng water1/2 lb chopped
1c sugarbutter
1 Tblsp golden syrup1 kg dried
3 beaten eggsfruit
1tsp baking sodapinch salt
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp each lemon,vanilla,rum,brandy and almond essence
pour water over butter let cool
add eggs,g syrup, beat
pour over flour, salt,and b.soda
add essences and fruit mix well
bake 9"-10" lined tin2 1/2-3 hrs
ENJOY

elaine301, Oct 31, 9:55am
cake correction you prob have already worked that 1kg mixed dried fruit and beaten eggs got mixed up in the recipe

snapit, Oct 31, 12:26pm
replace walnuts in cake with pumkin seeds or sunflower seed for a change.

nzmar, Nov 3, 9:15am
Reporting in to say I made the Cappucino Cake today - I don't really eat my own baking (I'm more of a savoury person) but the other half has already demolished about a quarter of it so it must be good!
sorry I'm not sure what page it's on, probably near the start of the thread and it was really easy to make so I fully recommend it!

fastlanenz, Nov 5, 12:13am
bump . from the last page

zitahnz, Nov 5, 7:00am
yum yum

valentino, Nov 9, 6:25am
and this needs also to be kept up. bumpity bump.

levite, Nov 9, 9:25am
i saw a recipe forlemon sour cream cake somewhere in the recipe boards.I thought i had saved it but unable to find it anywhere.can anyone help with that please.i cant remember who posted it either.

fordy18, Nov 9, 11:33am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake 3 eggs, 1 cup caster sugar, 200 gram carton natural yoghurt, 1 cup self raising flour, 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, 1 teaspoon grated orange rind. SYRUP.three quarters cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon lemon juice.

fordy18, Nov 9, 11:41am
contd Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, add yoghurt, rinds and sifted flour, mix well. Pour mixture into greased 18 cm x28cm tin bake in moderate oven 45 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested. Remove from oven, gradually pour over the cooled syrup and allow to stand 1 hour before serving.SYRUP. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan, stir over gentle heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before pouring over cake.

fordy18, Nov 9, 11:59am
Lemon Sour Cream Cake 3 lemons,125 grams butter, 1 cup caster sugar, 3 eggs. 150 grams sour cream, 1 cup flour sifted, 1 teaspoon baking soda. one quarter cup white sugar. .Preheat oven to 180. Grease and lightly flour 20 cm ring tin.,, Finely grate the rind of the lemons and squeeze the juice out. Set both aside.Cream butter and caster sugar. Add the eggs, lemon rind and sour cream. Fold in the flour and baking soda. Place mixture in prepared tin and bake 30 - 40 minutes until firm. . In the meantime, prepare the syrup by boiling the lemon juice and white sugar. Pour syrup over the hot cake. When cake has cooled, turn out.To make it extra special, fill the centre of the ring with strawberries and dust with icing sugar.

fordy18, Nov 9, 12:15pm
Lemon Yoghurt Cake rind of 2 lemons. 1 cup canola oil. 2 eggs. 1 and three quarter cups caster sugar.half teaspoon salt.1 cup plain or flavoured yoghurt, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 cups self raising flour. Heat oven to 180. Butter and flour 23cm ring pan. Finely grate the lemons into a mixing bowl, add the oil, eggs and sugar and beat with rotary beater until thick and well blended.Add salt, yoghurt and lemon juice and beat again briefly. Fold in the carefully measured (not packed down) flour until just evenly mixed in. Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 mins or until sides start to shrink, the centre springs back when pressed and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool 10 minutes then turn carefully onto rack. VARIATION. For a lower fat cake, replace one quarter cup of the oil with yoghurt.

fordy18, Nov 9, 12:20pm
Variations of this recipe have been around for a long time. The first recipe is from an Australian magazine in the 1960`s, the second recipe is from a Foodtown magazine and the last one is froman Alison Holst book. I hope that one of these will help you.

fordy18, Nov 9, 12:44pm
Orange Sour Cream Cake 250 grams butter, 3 egg yolks, 1 cup caster sugar, 250 grams sour cream, grated rind of 1 orange, one and three quarter cups plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 3 egg whites. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, sour cream and orange rind, beat until light and fluffy. Sift together, flour baking powder and baking soda. Stir into first mixture, Fold in egg whites which have been beaten until stiff but not dry. Turn into greased and lightly floured ring tin and bake at 160 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out.,Orange syrup.juice of 2 oranges, three quarters of acup sugar,juice of 1 lemon, pinch salt. Combine ingredients, boil 3 or 4 minutes and slowly pour over the . ( I add some orange juice to the cake mixture )

wron, Nov 11, 10:56am
Cake thread on P4 No way!

snapit, Nov 11, 11:14am
When making cakes Make 2 of the same then one can be frozen and ready for the hungry ones or the unexpected arrivals, if you need a pudding in a hurry. Can be served with custard or ice cream after warming in microwave.

rkcroft, Nov 12, 4:08am
Best Ever Cupcakes. 2 eggs, cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3/4c caster sugar, 1 c self raising flour. Crack eggs into a 250ml measuring jug then fill to the top with cream. Transfer to a bowl and beat with electic beaters for 1 minute. Add vanilla and sugar, beat 3 minutes. Fold in flour gently with wooden spoon. Spoon mix into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases. Bake @ 180°C for approx, 15-20mins until light golden and cooked. Cook and ice with your favourite icing.

brianmac, Nov 13, 8:35pm
and my lemon yoghurt cake recipe was given to my Mum years ago by a freind in America -hence the bundt tin. Have loved that cake for years and it is so super easy to make and freezes beautifully. I also make a sour cream one which is nice, but I do prefer the lemon yoghurt cake - you can also use limes instead.

r.mascord, Nov 14, 11:41pm
bump bump bump

rj5, Nov 15, 7:28am
Thanks brianmac I made your sultana and orange jelly loaf and your orange yoghurt cake, I love to bake so these were great!

cookessentials, Nov 16, 6:03am
Cont. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C. Butter and line the bottom of a deep, round 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper. Beat the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl (electric hand- beaters are best for this), until pale and thick. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in the fruit until evenly combined.
Spoon the batter into the tin and bake for 50 mins-1 hr or until the cake is dark golden, springy to the touch and has shrunk away from the tin slightly. A skewer inserted into the centre will come out clean when it's ready. Cool completely before decorating. Will keep, wrapped in an airtight container or iced, for up to a week, or can be frozen un-iced for up to a month - defrost fully before decorating.

juliewn, Nov 17, 12:36pm
That sounds delicious Pam. yum! and. bumping for Puhapatch

idgit1969, Nov 17, 11:44pm
Yummy Sultana Cake 1 lb Sultanas, cover with water and boil for 7 minutes, strain and cool. 3/4 lb butter (12 ozs), 3/4 lb sugar, 5 eggs, lemon essence, vanilla essence, brandy essence, 1 lb flour, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, 1/2 tsp baking powder. METHOD Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, add rest of ingredients.Bake at 300F for 1 1/2 hours.

kennymac, Nov 19, 8:10am
. bump