Cakes

Page 25 / 28
smw54, Oct 6, 6:47pm
Love cake I would like the Alison Holst Love cake you mentioned Katalin2

brianmac, Oct 7, 9:33pm
bumping for the person wanting an easy cake recipe.

.ookreeoo., Oct 7, 10:17pm
OOOOOHHHHH i just made. Brianmac's fluffy chocolate cake!

ITS AWESOME !

thanks so much, the kids love it heheheheh

katalin2, Oct 10, 1:58am
Alison Holst's Love Cake She calls it Love Cake as its so fiddly you only make it for the people you love. so true! Made a fabulous wedding cake- I had a trial run and the first one slightly over cooked- the second one was perfect, I had reduced the temperature considerably.
Ingredients: 1 kg sultanas, 150gm mixed peel, 150gm cherries, 1/2 C rum/brandy or whysky, 1-2 t vanilla ess, 1-2 t almond ess, 1 t lemon ess, 1 t cardamom 1 t cinnamon 1 t ground nutmeg, 1/2 t grd cloves, 1/4 C strawberry jam, 1/4 C apricot jam 125gm butter 1 C sugar 5 eggs 1/2 C semolina 2 C ground almonds 1 1/4 C SR flour

katalin2, Oct 10, 2:05am
love cake- ctd Put the dried fruit into lge mixing bowl. Add spirits of your choice and mix well, breaking up any fruit lumps. Add essences, using lgr amounts for pronounced flavour ( I just used smaller amts) then add spices. Warm jams tog until runny- dont boil. Add to fruit, mix well. Cover bowl tightly with gladwrap, leave to stand in warm room for 36 hrs. Stir mixtre several times during this period.

katalin2, Oct 10, 2:13am
love cake- ctd Cream softened butter with sugar- add eggs 1 at time, alternately with 1T of the measured semolina. Next beat in the grd almonds, then the flour. Mix thoroughly but dont over mix. Tip this bowl into bowl of marinated fruit ( which of course you must sample. yum!) Mix well. Preheat oven to 160 deg- spreadmixtre into 23cm prep square tin ( I used round one) pushing into corners and levelling top. Turn oven down to 150 deg when put cake in-( more like 120) Bake 1 hr then at 140 ( maybe 100) for 1-2 hrs until the centre feels firm and skewer comes out clean.It was a v special tasting cake and lots of + feedback about it.

wron, Oct 10, 10:29am
On P4 and I'm going away tomorrow so keeping alive incase nobody else notices!

findit1, Oct 11, 4:20am
brianmac ginger cake recipe thanks for wonderful recipes brianmac.
is it important to get hold of some treacle for ginger cake.!
or can you leave it out!

rkcroft, Oct 14, 4:45am
Custard Cake. 250gm butter, 2c self raising flour, 2c caster sugar, 4 eggs, 3/4c custard powder, 1c milk, 2 tsp vanilla essence, finely grated rind of 1 lemon. Cream butter, sugar & vanilla essence till light and fluffy. Beat eggs in 1 at a time till just mixed. Sift over the flour and custard powder and then the milk. Mix until just combined. Pour into a lined 23cm square cake tin. Bake @ 160°C for 1 hour or until skewer inserted comes out clean.

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 14, 9:22am
wow there are some delicous cakes in here, dont want to loose the thread before I copy some.

brianmac, Oct 15, 9:07pm
Some recipes have it and if it has it in the recipe, use it. Chelsea do one in a green tin.You will find it next to the Chelsea golden syrup. It makes the gingerbread far nicer.

nickyd, Oct 16, 4:06am
My favourite Carrot Cake 1 C wholemeal flour
4 beaten eggs
¼ t salt
2 C raw sugar
2 t baking soda
½ -¾ C cooking oil
1 C flour
3 C finely grated carrot
2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180 C. Sift and mix dry ingredients. Add oil and stir well.
Stir in beaten eggs then add carrots.Mix.
Grease 9 inch tin.
Bake for approx 1 hour @ 180 C.

ICING
100 g cream cheese
50g butter
2 C sifted icing sugar
few drops of vanilla essence or lemon juice
* 1 C finely chopped nuts (optional)

Mix together in food processor –sprinkle with the nuts if desired.

brianmac, Oct 21, 1:45am
oops, page three can't have that.

brianmac, Oct 24, 7:47pm
Back to the top.

oconnec, Oct 24, 11:42pm
Ka donk .

boxsters3, Oct 27, 7:43am
Bump Bumping for someone looking for Rhubarb Coconut Cake

winnie231, Oct 28, 1:45am
bumping . for dairy & egg free chocy cake

betty_bu, Oct 28, 2:04am
Pineapple and Carrot Cake Sift together: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, then add: 2 cups brown or raw sugar, 3/4 cup oil and 4 eggs, mix well then add: 2 cups grated carrot, 400 ml tin crushed pineapple (optional 1/2 cup walnuts and handful of sultanas). Put in well greased tin. Doesn't rise alot so fill two thirds of tin. Bake at 180 C for around 1 hour until skewer comes out clean. Ice with cream cheese icing: cream 100g butter, 1 punnet cream cheese (250g), juice of 1 lemon then beat in 500 gm icing sugar.

valentino, Oct 28, 11:55pm
Thanks elliehen, I too used the search function and never came up whether username or thread name.

Last week, left a message in the " Tips, help & troubleshooting " re this problem. looks like one has to use this as another example.

Cheers.

brianmac, Oct 30, 4:25am
Hi Armedia I am sure that i have something that will be suitable. Usually a madeira cake lasts well.

rj5, Oct 30, 6:16am
Choc-banana Cake 1 1/2c selfraising flour,1/2c plain flour,3/4cwhite sugar,1/2c brown sugar,2Tbspn cocoa,1/2tsp bsoda,50g dark chocolate melted,125g butter,2 eggs,1/2c milk,1cup mashed banana. I don't always have cooking chocolate so don't have to use it. All you do is combine all the ingredients together so its a moist mixture then transfer into a 22cm greased cake tin. Cook in moderate oven for about 50 minutes or until cooked. Then ice with this chocolate frosting - 125g butter,1 1/2c icing sugar,2Tbsp cocoa,1 Tbspn milk. Cream butter until soft then add icing sugar, cocoa and milk gradually, soooo yummy icing!

nzmar, Oct 30, 9:02am
just want to say thanks for all these recipes. I bake heaps and i'm so bored with my recipes so keen to try some new ones. I also like very quick 'no creaming' 'dump everything in one bowl' recipes that I can whip up while cooking tea!Found a few here, thank you so much!

lennyb1, Oct 31, 12:33am
I made a doll cake over the weekend I made rkcroft's posted Velvet Chocolate cake this weekend. One of my daughter's guests is allergic to eggs, so I tried that one, and it was perfect! The taste & texture were really nice, so this one gets a big ol' gold star from me. I ended up baking it in a Pyrex bowl to get the domed skirt shape, though, & had to modify the baking slightly. I lined the bowl with baking paper, with curving cuts to lay against the side of the bowl without wrinkles. I then baked it at about 165-170C (a lower temp because of the glass pan), & it took 55 minutes in my oven for that. When I took it out of the oven, I turned it out onto a flat platter with a sheet of baking paper on it, & also left the paper stuck on the dome while it cooled, like you do for a mud cake. It wouldn't be tall enough to accommodate a standard Barbie-size doll, but it was perfect for the smaller doll my daughter wanted for it. I then gave it to a group of 5- & 6-year-olds to decorate, but that's another story!

lennyb1, Oct 31, 12:37am
And that recipe for Velvet Chocolate cake .is on page 2 of this thread, number 83. Highly recommended.My husband works with vegans, so I'm also going to try the vegetarian cake at the top of this page at my next opportunity.

cookiebarrel, Oct 31, 3:25am
keeping it up there.