Cakes

Page 24 / 28
awoodley, Sep 23, 7:41am
bumping this delicious thread! Fabulous thread - don't want to lose it!

shula2, Sep 23, 9:54am
extra easy fruit cake 1 kig fruit mix soaked overnight in 2 cups of orange juice - then mix in 2 cups of self raising flour bke for an hour plus at 160ish - when cooked turn out of tin but DO not eat on the first day as this cake is better the next day etc

jenna68, Sep 23, 6:28pm
on last page, whoops! :o)

brianmac, Sep 23, 10:49pm
Mmm, dont know that one,but it would certainly be a good one to have. The lemon yoghurt cake has no butter and I am considering putting in the pumpkin loaves recipe which also have no butter.

elliehen, Sep 24, 8:16am
Bumping for jane40.

cherise11, Sep 25, 2:44am
Does anyone have a recipe for a rich chocolate cake with whole red plums in it! Please!

bev00, Sep 25, 9:32am
here is the link to Alison Holsts fruitloaf. http://www.radionz.co.nz/genre/recipes/ninetonoon/spicy_fruit_loaf

jenna68, Sep 25, 6:17pm
;. ;

jayc14, Sep 25, 10:33pm
Whiskey Fruit Cake Peugot2 there is recipe posted on another thread - "I've just done this week's baking" no. 2172.
there is no butter in that at all and I can vouch for it, just scrummy.

aunty-di, Sep 26, 1:37am
chocolate vegarian (non dairy) cake mmmmm For those people who cant have dairy products this cake is beautiful and always a big hit.
3 cups flour, 2 cups sugar,2 teaspoons baking soda,2 cups cold water,1/2 teaspoon salt,6 tablespoons cocoa,2 tablespoons malt vinegar,3/4 cup oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence.
Mix altogether in the same bowl and in a fairly large lined cake tin put in preheated oven at 150 degrees celcius for 40mins.
You dont need any icing on this cake.or you can put a bit of icing sugar.or we always put cream cheese icing on it lol.enjoy and please let me know how you like it.

aunty-di, Sep 26, 1:38am
vegetarian cake it should be oooppppsssssssss kids distracted me and i should have typed in vegetarian cake.lol

valentino, Sep 27, 1:01am
z. .

bellaclare, Sep 27, 9:24am
does somebody have a boiled chocolate cake recipe! i had one for years then loaned out the original recipe on paper and havent come close to finding it HELP!also would love it if someone had a lovely chocolate icing.

ace441, Sep 28, 3:24am
On a bumping mission. another awesome thread

510, Sep 30, 6:38pm
lots of cakes for different sorts of wedding cakes in here

girl251, Oct 1, 10:41pm
fantastic recipes !

brianmac, Oct 3, 4:02am
Orange Yoghurt Cake 125g butter;1 tbsp grated orange rind;1 cup caster sugar;3 eggs,separated;1/2 cup mixed peel;2 cups s.r flour;1/4 cup orange juice;1 cup plain yoghurt ORANGE ICING:1.5 cups icing sugar;30g soft butter;2 tbsp orange juice approx. Grease a 14x21cm loaf pan,line base & sides with paper,grease paper well. Cream butter,rind & sugar in small bowl with electric mixer cont.

brianmac, Oct 3, 4:05am
until light & fluffy beat in egg yolks,one at a time.Transfer mix to a lge bowl,stir in peel,then half the flour and half the combined orange juice and yoghurt,then stir in remaining flour and yoghurt mixture. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form,fold gently into mixture in two lots.Pour mix into prepared pan.Bake in slow oven for about 2 hours.Stand 5 mins before turning on to rack to cool.

brianmac, Oct 3, 4:06am
Spread cold cake with orange icing. ICING:combine sifted icing sugar and butter in a bowl.Stir in enough juice to mix icing to a spreadable consistency.

clair4, Oct 3, 4:16am
Thanks brianmac You must have an encycopedia of recipes.I love them all but cannot afford to print them all off.Have you put out a recipe book!Would love to buy it if you have.

jenna68, Oct 3, 4:25pm
,. ,

wron, Oct 4, 10:26am
bumping should always be on Page 1!

snapit, Oct 4, 11:28am
Cakes Clair4 any recipes you like copy and paste into word or the equivelant.
You can browse at liesure of line and mke any comments when you have made the recipe.

brianmac, Oct 5, 7:54pm
I have a couple of allergy free cakes that may be of use to those of you who have allergies to various things. I shall hunt them out.

bev00, Oct 6, 11:00am
Whizz cake BANANA CAKE - No melting, no mashing, and no creaming. Place in kitchen whizz: 1 1/4 cups sugar, 100gr butter, 1/2 cup milk, 2-3 bananas, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla and blend till smooth. Add: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Bake in lined 23cm tin in moderate oven 40-50 minutes until cake springs back when touched. Leave in tin 5-10 minutes before turning out