Cakes

Page 23 / 28
awoodley, Sep 8, 11:23pm
spicy cakes- I must say I really like rich spicy taste in spice cakes myself. Too often they end up bland and sugary. I'm looking forward to reading and trying more of your cakes! The ginger cake looks great! Will let you know how it goes!

splitty, Sep 9, 3:17am
I didn't even know this thread existed. What a fabulous resource. Soooo many new recipes to try, where to start.

brianmac, Sep 9, 9:26pm
Keeping this off page three. who has tried the Armenian nutmeg and walnut cake yet! it is SO EASY to make and is absolutely delicious.

stardust131, Sep 9, 10:26pm
Whole Orange Cake 1 whole orange 180g melted butter 3 eggs 1c sugar 1 1/2flour 1 1/2 backing powder
Place orange in food processor and process well. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
Bake at 180C for 20 to 25 mins

stardust131, Sep 9, 10:30pm
Cream Cheese Icing 250g firm cream cheese juice and rind of 1 lemon and 1 orange
1 1/2 cups icing sugar beat well together and spread over cake

splitty, Sep 10, 3:17am
I didn't even know this thread existed. What a fabulous resource. Soooo many new recipes to try, where to start.

sooz11, Sep 10, 10:30pm
to the top she goes, for those that like to bake!

a_patmore1001, Sep 11, 9:29pm
does anyone have a fantastic recipe for blueberry cake, similar to that of blueberry muffins! my fiance has decided he'd like one for our engagement party - next weekend!
if its really good we may even use it for a layer in the wedding cake.

bev00, Sep 12, 10:39am
JO SEAGERS BIG BIRTHDAY CHOCOLATE CAKE
For the cake
3c sugar
3c flour
3tsp b powder
3tsp b soda
3 eggs
1.5c sour cream
3/4c cocoa
1.5c strong coffee (can be instant)
2tsp vanilla essence

For the glaze
200g dark chocolate
50g butter
1TBS golden syrup

Oven @ 180C
Spray a 28-30cm springform tin with baking spray,and line the base with baking paper.
Place all the cake ingreds in food processor or large mixing bowl and mix well.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 70 -75 mins.
Cool on a wire rack.

Melt the dark chocolate,butter and golden syrup together and mix til smooth.Carefully level the top of the cake with a sharp knife,then spread with the chocolate glaze.

rkcroft, Sep 13, 2:36am
Lime & Buttermilk Cake 250gm butter softened, 2 limes rind finely grated & juiced, 1c caster sugar, 3 eggs separated, 2c sr flour, 210ml buttermilk. Lime Icing: 1c icing sugar, 1tsp milk, 1 - 1 1/2 T lime juice. Grease & line a 20cm round pan. Cream butter, 1T lime rind & sugar together till fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time mixing well after each. Stir in half the flour, add half the buttermilk and 1T lime juice. Stir to combine. Fold in remaining flour, buttermilk and 1T lime juice. Beat egg whites in separate bowl until soft peaks. Fold into batter. Pour into pan & bake @ 170° for 50mins until cooked. Icing when cold with lime icing made by combining ingredients together to form a thick icing.

supadeal, Sep 13, 2:48am
brianmac what are you trying to do to my rapidly expanding waistline! I have only just discovered this thread of interesting recipes and they are so tempting. Must go . need to run around a few times .

brianmac, Sep 13, 3:11am
Well, this is the nearest i get to having "cake" being on Sureslim means that I don't partake in the cakes,but i do enjoy sharing the recipes.Do try the Armeniun nutmeg and walnut cake, it is beautiful and nice and spicy and not too sweet. Have you made that "other" recipe yet superdeal!

a_patmore1001, Sep 13, 10:19am
bumping for a bluebery cake recipe. please!

supadeal, Sep 15, 2:11am
bumpingthe cakes Hello Pam, This weekend a new recipe will be in the oven and I shall let you know the outcome. :)

brianmac, Sep 15, 7:27am
keep it bumped and PLEASE add some more great recipes.

cookessentials, Sep 16, 5:02am
That's one BIG cake bev00!

brianmac, Sep 17, 4:27am
Bumping for the melt n mix coffee cake @ #20

queenjune, Sep 17, 6:21am
Orange Cake! Just made the Orange Cake and the man of the house liked liking the bowl. I hope he likes the cake too. Lovely recipe. Thankyou.

jenna68, Sep 17, 6:52pm
. :o)

elliehen, Sep 17, 11:41pm
Bumped for aderyn2, who was looking for it :)

kiwirose1, Sep 18, 2:13am
Thankyou all for your fabulous and taking time to put them up

white_bear, Sep 18, 5:19am
blueberry cake ive made muffins using a cake recipe adding alittle more milk or melted butter to the recipe and not mixing it as much maybe you could try the same and add a little more raising agent. hope that helps

bev00, Sep 18, 10:34pm
Almond & Carrot Cake Separate 5 eggs.Beat yolks with 1t grated lemon zest. 1&1/4C caster sugar until thick and creamy.Stir in 2C grated carrot;; 2C almond meal. 1/2C self-raising flour.Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form fold into carrot mix in 2 batches.
Bake @ 180* 1hr 15mins Stand cake 5 mins before turning out. When cool ice with cream cheese icing.

bev00, Sep 20, 10:00am
It sure is Cookessentials . is the other cake thread still alive!
For choc cake lovers - another awesome cake, makes a good size too.Its rich but actually quite light due to the buttermilk. I
1 3/4 C Plain Flour
3/4 Cocoa
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 C Black Espresso Coffee (strong - and cooled til warm)
2 C Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1 C Buttermilk
1/2 Oil (not olive)

Sift dry ingred and add sugar. Whisk eggs to break them up. Add all wet ingredients to dry - DO NOT OVERMIX.
Bake in a lined tin, it rises a fair bit so do not fill past halfway up the tin.
Cook long and slow - about 1 hour at 160-170c.
Ice this with chocolate ganache.

brianmac, Sep 21, 2:43am
bumping up for #20 the melt n mix coffee cake.