Cakes

Page 21 / 28
cookessentials, Aug 5, 9:15pm
bumpingfor someone looking for a moist chocolate cake - there are HEAPS on this thread.

brianmac, Aug 7, 9:45am
Have just realised my famous "Pam's Lemon yoghurt cake" is not on here.Sorry about that, I shal post it tomorrow as it is super-easy,tastes delicious,keeps moist for days on end and freezes really well too.

sooz11, Aug 7, 6:50pm
up it goes

brianmac, Aug 7, 9:09pm
"Pam's Lemon Yoghurt Cake" 1 3/4 cups caster sugar;grated rind of two lemons;2 eggs;1 cup oil;1/2 tsp salt;1 cup plain yoghurt (I use the yoplait Greek) 2-3tsp of lemon juice;2 cups s.r flour.Beat eggs,oil,sugar and rind in lge bowl,add the rest if ing in order above. Butter and flour a bundt tine (a fancy fluted ring tin) Bake at 180c for 30 mins.Serve cold dusted with icing sugar.

mophead4, Aug 9, 1:21am
my sister's easy IRISH SPECKLED CAKE 375g currants1c cold tea1c brown sugar(lightly packed)1 egg2c selfraising flourPut currants,tea,& brown sugar in bowl.Cover & soak overnight.Next day add flour &unbeaten egg.Mix well with wooden spoon.Place in lined loaf tin.Mod oven approx 1hr.Test with skewer.serve cold buttered

hawki1, Aug 9, 3:55am
Jelly Loaf (makes 2) 50g butter, 200g sultanas, 1 pkt Orange Jelly crystals, 1/2 c Sugar, 2TBSP Golden Syrup, 2 tsp Baking Soda, 2 C Boiling Water into a bowl, leave to cool, then add 3 C Flour, 3tsp Baking Powder bake 1 hour 180Deg C. I used to mix this cart the boys of to whatever, cook it when dinner was cooking and freeze 1 for later in the week.

cookessentials, Aug 10, 3:59am
Best keep this up before it disappears.

kiwiactrss, Aug 11, 2:00am
bump ity

brianmac, Aug 11, 4:12am
Rhubarb Coconut Cake 225g s.r flour;275g caster sugar;110g coconut;125g butter,melted;3 eggs,lightly beaten;125ml milk;1 tsp vanilla essence;90g finely chopped rhubarb;2 stalks rhubarb extra;2 tbsp demerera sugar. Preheat oven to moderate,Grease a deep 20cm round cake tin,line base with baking paper.Combine flour,caster sugar and coconut,stir in butter,egg,milk and essence till combined.Spread half the mix into tin;scatter chopped rhubarb over mic and add remaining mix on top.cont

brianmac, Aug 11, 4:13am
cut extra rhubarb into 5cm lengths arrange on top of cake and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake about 1 hour 15 mins.Stand 5 mins before turning on to wire rack to cool.

sooz11, Aug 13, 8:44pm
bump ing

sammygirl1, Aug 15, 8:09am
bump(-: bump (-:

valentino, Aug 16, 11:26pm
=^.^= .

brianmac, Aug 18, 9:44pm
Someone was asking fora spicy sponge cake and I am sure that I have one, so i shall check out my recipes and post. I think I might need to add a few more different recipes as well.We wre in Hawkes Bay a few weeks ago and the most divine scones - they were date and orange -but they were quite different in that they had a layer of dates and orange in the middle - I think they cooked dates and orange together so they were a soft pulp,the layered the other half of dough on the top before baking -they were so delicious,so i have decided i will have to experiment and then share the recipe.

brianmac, Aug 22, 9:22pm
Sweet Potato and Date Cake 185g butter,chopped;150g brown sugar;80g chopped,pitted dates;200g grated,uncooked kumara;55g chopped glace pineapple;2 eggs;225g s.r flour;1 tsp cinnamon.Grease a 19x29cm slice tin.Cover base with baking paper.Combine sugar,butter,dates in med saucepan,stir over heat without boiling till butter has melted.Stand 5 mins,stir in remaining ingredients.Spread into pan.Bake in mod slow oven about 45 mins.Stand 5 mins before turning on to rack to cool.Top cold cake with citrus frosting.

brianmac, Aug 22, 9:27pm
Citrus Frosting 240g icing sugar;1 tsp grated orange or lemon rind;30g soft butter; 1 1/2 tbsp lemon or orange juice,spprox.Combine sifted icing sugar,rind and butterin small bowl.stir in enough juice togive a spreadable consistency.

fetish, Aug 23, 8:26pm
saved and bumping :)

valentino, Aug 23, 9:10pm
Gosh, another at the very end. Bumped

griffo4, Aug 23, 9:41pm
OMG l just found this thread so more cut and pasting when l come back in. I made valentino's Moroccan cake from another thread and it is sooo nice and easy to make. So many more recipes to try here thanks to all who have put them on

tasmum, Aug 23, 10:10pm
bumping up to have a good trawl through later.

griffo4, Aug 24, 9:41pm
OMG l just found this thread so more cut and pasting when l come back in. I made valentino's Moroccan cake from another thread and it is sooo nice and easy to make. So many more recipes to try here thanks to all who have put them on

brianmac, Aug 25, 8:41pm
Sicilain trifle Cake (Torta Siciliana) 280g packet golden sponge cake mix;2 tbsp dark rum;500g ricotta cheese;160g icing sugar;1 tsp vanilla essence;85g mixed peel,chopped;50g chopped,shelled pistachios;100g chocolate melts,melted;300ml thickened cream,whipped;150g shelled,chopped pistachios extra.

brianmac, Aug 25, 8:46pm
Grease 2 deep 20cm round cake tins cover bases with baking paper.Make cake according to drections on packet.Spread mix evenly between prepared pans. Bake in mod oven about 25 mins. Turn on to wire rack to cool. (you will only need one of the cakes for this recipe) Split cold cake in half horizontally.Brish both layers with rum. Place bottom half of cake on foil lined 20cm tin. Push ricotta through a fine seive -or whizz in blender till smooth,add sugar and essence and beat till smooth. cont.

brianmac, Aug 25, 8:49pm
stir in peel & nuts Divide ricotta mix in half.Fold melted chocolate through one half. Spread choc mixture over cake in tin.Spread with remaining ricotta mixture,top with other half of cake;press down lightly.Cover,refrigerate till set. Remove cake from tin,spread top and sides with cream,press extra nuts on sides.Decorate with shredded orange rind around top edge if desired.

rkcroft, Aug 26, 5:45am
Velvet Chocolate Cake. I got this recipe of TM, but made a small change to it. Its great for when you don't have any eggs or butter but want to bake a cake.Its very rich and dark.1 1/2c flour, 2 tsp bkg powder, 1 tsp bkg soda, 1 c caster sugar, 3/4 c cocoa, 2 tblspns white vinegar, 1/2 c oil, 1 tblspn instant coffee, 3/4 c warm water, 1 tsp vanilla. Sift into bowl dry ingred. In another bowl, mix together wet ingred. Add wet to dry & beat with electric beater till smooth. Pour batter into a 20cm lined ring pan. Bake @ 180°C for 30-40 mins. Ice with choc icing when cool.