Cakes

Page 16 / 28
cookessentials, Jun 23, 3:35am
bumping for banana cake recipes.

cookessentials, Jun 23, 10:28am
rj5, thanks for that lovely recipe. I made it last weekend and it was just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

marie117, Jun 24, 4:34am
coffee and walnut cake Anyone have a good recipe for a coffee and walnut cake plse!

brianmac, Jun 24, 10:12am
bumping again. Who has a nice recipe for a malt loaf! Mum used to make one years ago using "Maltexo" but she cant locate it in her recipe book.

cookessentials, Jun 26, 8:52pm
bumping for the fluffy choc cake post #5

indy95, Jun 27, 8:50pm
Rkcroft's Hazelnut Liqueur Mud Cake........WOW !!! I would like to tell anyone who is looking for a special occasion cake that is guaranteed to impress, this is the one to make. The flavour is absolutely divine and some toasted hazelnuts and a few chocolate shavings on top made it look even more special. It is one of those "once a year" cakes that make home baking so worthwhile.

indy95, Jun 28, 8:50pm
Rkcroft's Hazelnut Liqueur Mud Cake.WOW ! I would like to tell anyone who is looking for a special occasion cake that is guaranteed to impress, this is the one to make. The flavour is absolutely divine and some toasted hazelnuts and a few chocolate shavings on top made it look even more special. It is one of those "once a year" cakes that make home baking so worthwhile.

jenna68, Jun 28, 9:00pm
Bumping for marie117's question :o)

tydalelady, Jun 30, 12:05am
Bumping for Hummingbird Cake Recipe Anyone have that recipe please would love to make one.
Cheers

rkcroft, Jun 30, 9:00pm
Butterscotch Centre Cake. 125gm soft butter, 3/4c caster sugar, 2 eggs, 3/4c plain flour, 1/2c self raising flour, 1/4c milk, 1 tsp vanilla. Filling: 1/2c brown sugar, 2T custard powder, 1/2c milk, 2tsp butter, 1 egg. Make filling first. Combine brown sugar & custard powder in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Stir over heat until mix boils and thickens, then stir in butter. Cool 5 mins, then whisk in egg. Cake: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth & light in colour. Spread half of the cake batter into a lined 20cm ring tin. Pour over butterscotch mix and top with remaining cake batter. You may not be able to smooth it very well as the batter is thick, but dot batter over the sauce as best you can. Bake @ 180°C for 30-40mins until cooked. Cool and dust with icing sugar.This is a lovely plain cake.

dutchapple, Jun 30, 9:30pm
i need a fudge cake recipe w/out fruit please try this CARROT CAKE really moist it is moist for about 4 days if it lasts that long
1C oil 3eggs 2C flour 2t b/soda,1c coconut 1c chopped nuts or seeds or half&half 2C sugar 2t cinnamon 2t vanilla 2C grated carrot 1 425g tin crussed pineappleBeat eggs & oil then add all ingredients until blended well Bakein ringed tins approx 25-30mins @ 180deg enjoy

brianmac, Jul 1, 6:36am
nobody then! .

245sam, Jul 1, 6:36am
bumping so as not to lose the thread and. Pam, somewhere I'm sure I have a malt loaf recipe. I'll have a search and post it for you if/when I find it - my apologies for not seeing and responding to your request earlier.

245sam, Jul 1, 7:09am
Fruit Malt Loaf 340g self-raising flour, 170g sultanas, 55g margarine, 150ml milk, 4 tbsp malt, 2 tbsp each of treacle & golden syrup, 2 eggs (well beaten).In a bowl place the flour & sultanas. Heat the margarine, milk, malt, treacle & golden syrup together but do not allow them to boil. Stir the warmed mixture into the flour and sultanas, along with the eggs, mixing until the mixture is smooth. Turn into a greased loaf tin, ease the mixture to the sides & hollow out the centre slightly. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, then at 160°C for 40 minutes, or until a warmed skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the loaf. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out. Leave overnight, then serve sliced & buttered.

brianmac, Jul 1, 11:33am
Sounds nice,thanks 245sam the one Mum did was in a loaf tin and she used the maltexo, it did not have fruit in it. It had a slightly chewy consistency but I will still try the above.

cookessentials, Jul 2, 8:21pm
I think I have let me trawl my recipes.

tydalelady, Jul 3, 11:03pm
Thanks for going to the trouble, Hopefully you have one, can't wait!

rkcroft, Jul 3, 11:27pm
Hummingbird Cake. 250gm SR flour, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1/2tsp ground coriander, 270gm brown sugar, 440gm can crushed pineapple drained, 50gm coconut, 2 ripe bananas mashed, 1/2c chopped walnuts, 2eggs lightly beaten, 1c canola oil. Cream Cheese Icing: 100gm cream cheese, 50gm butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2c icing sugar, 1/2c chopped walnuts for garnish. Sift flour and spices into large bowl. Add rest of cake ingredients and stir to combine. Pour mix into a lined 23cm cake tin. Bake for about 50mins to 1 hour until cooked. Cool and ice. To make icing beat ingredients together except for walnuts until smooth. Spread on cake and top with walnuts if desired.

rkcroft, Jul 3, 11:34pm
Hummingbird Cake w/Butterscotch Icing. Similar but in cup measurements to make it easier: 2 c SR flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 c brown sugar, 1/2c coconut, 1/2c chopped pecans,2 eggs lightly beaten, 2 large mashed bananas, 3/4c canola oil, 450gm can crushed pineapple well drained. Sift dry ingredients into large bowl. Combine eggs, banana & oil in jug. Add egg mix and pineapple to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon batter into a 22cm round cake tin. Bake for 50mins till cooked. Cool. Butterscotch Cream Cheese Icing: 185gm cream cheese, 1tsp vanilla, 1c icing sugar, 1/2c dark brown sugar like muscavado. Beat together till smooth. Spread on cold cake.

ned03, Jul 4, 7:04am
Made the old fashioned ginger cake and it was lovely baked in silicone loaf thing and came out lovely, thanks, going to try out the caramel butter cake tomorrow

rkcroft, Jul 6, 3:01am
White chocolate citrus mud cake. 2 tsps each of lemon & lime rind finely grated, 3 tsps of finely grated orange rind, 350gm butter, 180gm white chocolate, 2c caster sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2c milk, 3 eggs, 2c plain flour, 3/4c self raising flour. White Choc Ganache: 360gm white choc, 2 tsps each of lemon & lime rind finely grated, 2/3c sour cream. Combine rinds, butter, choc, sugar, vanilla & milk in saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Transfer to large bowl & cool for 10mins. Add eggs, stir. Add flours, stir to combine. Pour batter into a lined deep (at least 6cm) 20cm square pan. Bake @ 160°C for 2 hours until cooked. Allow to cool. Ganache: Melt chocolate rind. Stir in sour cream. Refrigerate 30-40mins until thick enough to spread

jenna68, Jul 6, 9:40am
Bumping :o)

tydalelady, Jul 7, 2:44am
Thanks for recipes rkcroft Will give them a go, have a friend who wanted recipe after tasting a piece also.
'Cheers

wron, Jul 8, 9:57am
2nd to last On last page - almost gone!

brianmac, Jul 9, 8:26am
Moist Ginger Cake: 125g butter,chopped;125g pkt cream cheese,chopped;250g brown sugar;2 eggs;225g s.r flour;1 tbsp ground ginger;1 tsp cinnamon;2 tbsp golden syrup;1 tbsp treacle.Grease a 23cm square slab cake pan. Cover base with baking paper.Combine all ingredients in med bowl.Beat on low until combined,then on medium until mix is smooth and changed in colour. Spread into prepared pan.Bake in mod oven about 40 mins.Turn onto wire rack to cool.When cold,top with golden cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with chopped glace ginger.