Cakes

Page 17 / 28
brianmac, Jul 9, 8:28am
Golden Cream Cheese Frosting 90g cream cheese,chopped;90g butter,chopped;2 tbsp golden syrup;160g icing sugar,sifted.Beat cheese,butter 7 golden syrup in a bowl with electric mixer until as white as possible.Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.

brianmac, Jul 9, 8:37am
Boiled Apricot Nectar Cake 250g chopped dried apricots;125 ml apricot nectar;110g caster sugar;100g brown sugar;250g butter,chopped;3 eggs;150g plain flour;150g s.r flour. Grease a 15x25cm loaf pan,line base & sides with one layer of baking paper bringing paper 5cm above edge of tin.Combine apricots,nectar and sugars in a saucepan.Bring to boil,stirring,then simmer,covered,5 mins. Cont.

brianmac, Jul 9, 8:39am
cont. Remove from heat,add butter,stir until melted;cover,cool to room temp. Stir in eggs and flours into apricot mixture,spoon into prepared pan. Bake in slow oven about 1.5 hours. Cover hot cake tightly with foil. Cool in pan.

brianmac, Jul 9, 8:45am
Fluffy Chocolate Cake 125g butter,chopped;220g caster sugar;2 eggs;225g s.r flour;35g cocoa;1/2 tsp baking soda;250 ml water. Coat a baba pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in med bowl with electric mixer. Beat on low speed until well combine,then increase to medium until mix is smooth & changed in colour.Pour into pan. Bake in mod oven about 50 mins.Stand 5 mins before turning onto wire rack to cool.Dust cake with equal quantities of icing sugar and cocoa.

jenna68, Jul 9, 5:48pm
Bumping for . me to try some goodies :o)

boxsters3, Jul 10, 7:28am
White Chocolate and Banana Teabread 250 g SR flour; 1 tsp baking powder; 135 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces; 135 g caster sugar; grated rind of 1 lemon; 3 eggs; 3 small very ripe bananas, mashed; 150 g white chocolate chopped into small pieces, plus 50g extra white chocolate for decoration
Preheat oven to 180 C. Use baking paper to line a big loaf tin.
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, and rub in the butter. Add the sugar, lemon rind, eggs, banana and chocolate pieces, & beat until ingredients evenly combined.
Spoon into loaf tin & bake 50-60 minutes until well risen & skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave in tin 10 minutes before putting on a rack to cool.
Break the remaining chocolate into small pieces & melt. (I use microwave.) Drizzle over the teabread.

brianmac, Jul 11, 7:16am
Moist Chocolate Dessert Cake Can be made the day before needed;cooled & kept in an airtight container.
200g dark chocolate,chopped;90g butter;5 eggs,separated;3/4 cup caster sugar;1/3 cup s.r flour;300ml thickened cream,whipped;250g punnet strawberries,halved. Melt choc and butter over hot water,remove from heat,stir in egg yolks,sugar and flour. cont.

brianmac, Jul 11, 7:21am
cont. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form,fold gently into chocolate mixture.Pour into 2 greased and base-lined round sandwich tins,20 cm in diameter.Bake in mod oven 20 mins oe until cakes shrink slightly from sides. Stand 5 mins before turning on wire rack.Join together with whipped cream and strawberries.Dust with icing sugar and piped cream and strawberries on top.Can be frozen,unfilled in freezer wrap for up to 3 months.

wron, Jul 12, 8:29pm
Ensuring this stays alive bump!

brianmac, Jul 13, 2:56am
Overnight Date Cake 260g s.r flour;1 tsp b.p;60g butter,chopped;110g caster sugar;320g chopped pitted dates;250ml milk. Grease a 14x21cm loaf pan,cover base with baking paper.Place flour,soda in a lge bowl,rub in butter with fingertips.Stir in sugar,dates and milk.Cover bowl,stand overnight.Spread mixture into prepared pan.Bake in mod slow oven about 1 1/4 hrs.Stand 10 mins before turning on to wire rack to cool.

brianmac, Jul 13, 3:01am
Carrot Coconut Cake You will need about 300g of carrots. 1.5 cups finely grated carrot,firmly packed;250ml vegetable oil (I use sunflower)200g brown sugar;45g coconut;80g sultanas;300g s.r flour;1 tsp mixed spice. Grease a 23cm slab tin,cover base with baking paper.Combine all ing in med bowl,stir until combined.Spread mix into tin.Bake in mod slow even about 50 mins.Stand cake 10 mins before turning out cont.

brianmac, Jul 13, 3:02am
on to wire rack to cool Top cold cake with caramel icing and sprinkle with toasted,shredded coconut.

dali25, Jul 13, 3:27am
Yum & Bump I would love to see more recipes, please.

lynaire2, Jul 13, 4:44am
more please some great cooks out there. putting all these on to a CD so i don't loose them keep up the good work.

dali25, Jul 13, 7:49am
#369 Valentino I made your choc cake although i cooked it for over an hour.It was delicious, moist and just devine.PERFECTthanks for the recipe

katalin2, Jul 13, 10:56am
Fruit cake for wedding cake anyone have a fail proof recipe I could make for son's wedding! It needs to be melt butter as I don't cream. thanks

brianmac, Jul 13, 8:27pm
Hi Katalin I do have a good fruit cake recipe,shall have to see if it has melted butter.Any particular reason why you dont cream the butter! In fact I have more than one,so will check them all and get back to you.

barloo, Jul 13, 9:00pm
katalin2 I Highly Recommend you get theSanyo hand mixer. They are cheap but they have heaps of power when making big lots! Then its just a case of standing there and mixing for a good few mins when creaming but and sugar!When it comes to adding the dry stuff, I change to a good woodenspoon. I promise, you will Never regret buying this:)

katalin2, Jul 14, 9:02am
I don't cream butter as I love cooking/baking/entertaining but I am really busy and like to make cakes that are quick- I tasted a melt butter fruitcake recently and it was lovely. If all fails I will do the creaming thing- was hoping someone might have had a melt one.

reia, Jul 14, 10:13am
whats a baba pan! brian.

katalin2, Jul 14, 10:56am
Fruit cake for wedding cake anyone have a fail proof recipe I could make for son's wedding! It needs to be melt butter as I don't cream. thanks

jenna68, Jul 14, 6:24pm
Pam.(brianmac) have had a quick look thru and can't see your Pumpkin Loaves, sorry if I have missed them, could I have a receipe for those please!Many thanks, Tracey :o)

rkcroft, Jul 14, 10:01pm
Hawaiian Macadamia Cake 3c sr flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2c caster sugar, 1c coconut, 5 eggs lightly beaten, 440g tin crushed pineapple in syrup 1 1/2c oil, 100g macadamia nuts chopped. Sift flour, cinnamon into lge bowl. Add sugar & coconut & stir to combine. Add eggs, pineapple & oil & nuts. Mix well. Spoon into a 23cm round tin that has been lined. Bake at 180° for 1 hr 15 mins. Cover cake with foil if it browns too much during cooking. Ice with cream cheese icing. 1/4c cream cheese, 30gm butter, 1 tblspn lemon juice, 1 1/2c icing sugar. Beat together till creamy.

brianmac, Jul 15, 2:58am
A baba tin is a ring tin with fluting inside,makes a nice shaped cake,but I am sure a ring tin will suffice.

katalin2, Jul 15, 9:02am
I don't cream butter as I love cooking/baking/entertaining but I am really busy and like to make cakes that are quick- I tasted a melt butter fruitcake recently and it was lovely. If all fails I will do the creaming thing- was hoping someone might have had a melt one.