Cakes

Page 15 / 28
chynna2, Jun 4, 11:04pm
Bumping. For the yummy cakes! :-)

mojome, Jun 5, 1:22am
Pan release Your cakes will pop out of your pans easily
I found this recipe on another website can't remember which but it's great to keep handy to brush on cake pans and trays when baking make cakes and bickies come out & off easily, staves time greasing & flouring 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup vegetable shortening 1/2 cup flour Whisk together until resembles marshmallow cream store at room temp

mojome, Jun 5, 1:26am
Coca cola cake - reallly yummy & different 3cups Flour, 3cups Sugar, 5Tbsp Cocoa, 1+1/2 cup Cola, 375g Butter, 2cups Marshmallows, 100g Chocolate, 3 Eggs - beaten, 3/4 cup Milk, 1+1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 2tsp Vanilla essence, 1 Tbsp vegetable Oil . Grease and flour cake pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine the flour and sugar. In a large saucepan combine Cola, Cocoa, marshmallows, chocolate and the butter bring to the boil, add the boiled mixture to the flour & sugar mixture & combine well. In another bowl mix the eggs, milk, baking soda, oil & vanilla, then add this to the first mixture, mix well. Pour mixture into pan and bake @ 180C for ~ 35 minutes until cake test done.will be quite moist. Allow cake to cool 10 minutes then turn cake out onto serving plate and dust with icing sugar.

rkcroft, Jun 5, 8:50am
Ooh i love cakes - heres another: DATE & WHISKEY CAKE: 3/4c finely chopped dates, 1/4c whiskey, 185gm soft butter, 3/4c brown sugar, 1/3c golden syrup, 2 eggs, 1/3c ground almonds, 1c milk, 2c plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder. Place dates & whiskey in saucepan over med heat and simmer 1 min. Set aside. Place rest of ingredients in large bowl and beat with electric mixer till smooth & pale. Stir in the date mix. Spoon into a lined 22cm round tin and bake @ 160°C for 1 hour till cooked. Dust with icing sugar when cold.

maitredee, Jun 7, 6:53am
bumping ...

brianmac, Jun 7, 8:42pm
Now Sooz, as I understand it, you have a new oven so the Armenian walnut & nutmeg cake is something you MUST try - I am sure you will love it.

jenna68, Jun 8, 5:33am
BUMPITY bump :O)

lisa_marie40, Jun 10, 9:24am
some awesome recipes in here to the person who listed the website the trademe recipes are put on it doesnt work trademecooks999.org care to try again! lol

valentino, Jun 12, 4:05am
Bumping for vin.p .

indy95, Jun 13, 1:11am
Jamaican Coffee Syrup Cake

185g softened butter
1 c lightly packed brown sugar
1 T instant coffee powder dissolved in 1 t hot water
1 t vanilla
1 T dark rum
3 eggs lightly beaten
3 c SR flour
1/3 c milk

Syrup

3/4 c sugar
1 c boiling water
1 dsp instant coffee powder
1 dsp dark rum

To make the syrup caramelise the sugar until a good toffee colour but don't allow to get too dark, add the water carefully and stir to dissolve the toffee. Let cool, then put aside half a cup for the cake and stir coffee and rum into the rest.

Cream butter and sugar with the dissolved coffee, vanilla and rum until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then fold in the flour and milk and the half cup of syrup. Divide the mixture between 2 greased and baking paper lined cake tins or put it in one deep 23 cm tin.

Bake at 170C for 25-30 mins for two tins or 50-60 mins for one tin. Turn out onto a rack and let cool.

Brush a little of the flavoured syrup over the undersides of the two cakes or cut the large cake in half and brush each cut side with syrup. Fill generously with softly whipped cream sweetened to taste and drizzle the remaining syrup over gradually to allow it to soak into the cake.

indy95, Jun 14, 1:11am
Jamaican Coffee Syrup Cake

185g softened butter
1 c lightly packed brown sugar
1 T instant coffee powder dissolved in 1 t hot water
1 t vanilla
1 T dark rum
3 eggs lightly beaten
3 c SR flour
1/3 c milk

Syrup

3/4 c sugar
1 c boiling water
1 dsp instant coffee powder
1 dsp dark rum

To make the syrup caramelise the sugar until a good toffee colour but don't allow to get too dark, add the water carefully and stir to dissolve the toffee. Let cool, then put aside half a cup for the cake and stir coffee and rum into the rest.

Cream butter and sugar with the dissolved coffee, vanilla and rum until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then fold in the flour and milk and the half cup of syrup. Divide the mixture between 2 greased and baking paper lined cake tins or put it in one deep 23 cm tin.

Bake at 170C for 25-30 mins for two tins or 50-60 mins for one tin. Turn out onto a rack and let cool.

Brush a little of the flavoured syrup over the undersides of the two cakes or cut the large cake in half and brush each cut side with syrup. Fill generously with softly whipped cream sweetened to taste and drizzle the remaining syrup over gradually to allow it to soak into the cake.

cookessentials, Jun 14, 1:56am
Bumping the cake thread that has been around for about three years or so, if not more!

indy95, Jun 14, 5:16am
Thank goodness this has been bumped again. I had almost forgotten about it and there some really great recipes in here.

245sam, Jun 15, 1:17pm
An oldie but a goodie - "Perfect Cake" 1/2 cup (125g) butter, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs (beaten), 1&3/4 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup milk.Cream the butter & sugar. Add the beaten eggs, then the sifted flour & baking powder. Lastly add the milk. Bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes. Variation:This is a basic mix that can be varied to make a chocolate cake, lemon cake, orange, marble cake, or…. e.g. for a Coffee Cake- add 2 tbsp coffee essence & adjust the milk quantity to be 1/2 cup minus 2 tbsp.

245sam, Jun 15, 1:20pm
quick & easy to mix, moist, keeps & freezes well. YOGHURT CAKE. You need 1 washed empty 125ml yoghurt container. Place all the following in a mixing bowl in the order given: 3 x 125ml containers self-raising flour, 2 x 125ml containers caster sugar, 1 x 125ml yoghurt – plain or fruity (apricot is really nice), 1 x 125ml container cooking oil, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3 eggs (beaten). Beat all together until smooth, then bake in a 20cm diameter cake tin at 160ºC for approx. 1&1/2 hours or in a 20cm diameter ring tin at 160ºC for 1 hour, or until golden. Ice if you wish but is nice as is.

valentino, Jun 18, 3:36am
Bumped... In that danger Zone....

valentino, Jun 19, 3:36am
Bumped. In that danger Zone.

cookessentials, Jun 19, 4:52am
Armenian nutmeg and walnut cake post 206

gpandc, Jun 20, 2:03am
Can someone point me in the right direction. .to some posts that are "add all dry ingredients then wet ingredients and mix". I am a new baker with children with diary allergies and just learning. Drooling over getting a cake mixer at the moment though which should help.

cookessentials, Jun 20, 3:29am
Needs to be bumped up for the coconut cake and frosting recipe.

lx4000, Jun 20, 3:42am
oks, heres one for you all to try!!

mmMmm . . . . . . mmmmMMmmmmm is all I can say!!

Dutch Apple Cake

125g Butter
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs

1 1/4 C smooth WARM apple sauce

2 C Flour
1 tspn BS
1/2 tspn Salt
1 1/2 tspn Cin
3/4 tspn Cloves
2 Diced Apples
1 C Raisins
1 C Nuts of your choice

Mix butter, sugar and egg for a few mins.

SLOWLY mix in Warm apple sauce.

Add dry ingredients and mix in.

Add raisins, chopped apple and nuts.

Bake 180 45 mins approx normal bake

This is a winner in this house and goes sooo fast!!
I double it and freeze 1 :) Have made it with maca nuts and walnuts so far. I have even added speculaas spice and not added the cin and cloves. Both are winner on taste!!
Enjoy :)

cookessentials, Jun 20, 10:54pm
Buttery Apple Cinnamon Cakes

125g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
165g caster sugar
2 eggs
110g self-raising flour
35g plain flour
80ml apple juice
1 smallred apple
1.5 tablespoons demerara sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

NOTE: This recipe makes 8 cakes and is best made on the day of serving.

Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160C). Grease an 8-cup petite loaf pan.

Beat the butter, essence and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until they are just combined between additions.

Fold in the combined sifted flours and juice in two batches. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.

Cut the unpeeled apple into quarters; slice thinly. Overlap the apple slices on the top of the cakes.

Combine the demerara sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, sprinkle half the sugar mixture over the cakes. Bake in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn the cakes onto a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture

lx4000, Jun 21, 3:42am
oks, heres one for you all to try!

mmMmm . . . . . . mmmmMMmmmmm is all I can say!

Dutch Apple Cake

125g Butter
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs

1 1/4 C smooth WARM apple sauce

2 C Flour
1 tspn BS
1/2 tspn Salt
1 1/2 tspn Cin
3/4 tspn Cloves
2 Diced Apples
1 C Raisins
1 C Nuts of your choice

Mix butter, sugar and egg for a few mins.

SLOWLY mix in Warm apple sauce.

Add dry ingredients and mix in.

Add raisins, chopped apple and nuts.

Bake 180 45 mins approx normal bake

This is a winner in this house and goes sooo fast!
I double it and freeze 1 :) Have made it with maca nuts and walnuts so far. I have even added speculaas spice and not added the cin and cloves. Both are winner on taste!
Enjoy :)

fetish, Jun 21, 8:53pm
lisamarie the site address is trademecooks.999.org or you can use
http://trademecooks.11.forumer.com/index.php
either will work. Bumping this back up as its close to being dropped off the bottom of the page ! :)

jenna68, Jun 21, 9:24pm
And again . :o)