What are you having for dinner tonight?

Page 1 / 3
tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 23, 5:45am
im making a very laid back steak and roast veges :) with gravy... what are you making? or ordering :P

bedazzledjewels, Jun 23, 5:46am
Crockpot lamb chops and cauli mash.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 23, 5:48am
ooooh yumm nearly bought allysons book slow today... . love the crockpot rite now too :)

beaker59, Jun 23, 6:03am
crumbed shnitzel with roast pumkin and steamed cabbage for us, boring comfort food weather isn't it. Crumbs are a bit fancy though as they are made from my homemade sourdough organic spelt bread gives a nice nutty flavour.

rainrain1, Jun 23, 6:04am
cup of soup

bedazzledjewels, Jun 23, 6:04am
Sounds good Beaker. Definitely comfort food weather.
Might have a low carb choc muffin in a mug with cream for afters!

jessie981, Jun 23, 6:11am
Marinated garlic fish, coleslaw & rice.

chooky, Jun 23, 7:46am
We had topside roast done in crock-pot, roast pumkin, kumara, spuds, brocolli & Cheese sauce. Cheesecake for dessert. Both crock-pot recipe and cheese cake were found here in recipes. Both yum so will do those again. I would rather look here for my recipes now as they are tried and true and everything we have in the cupboard. Good on you girls, keep it up, family is loving it.

cookessentials, Jun 23, 8:02am
Beef and Bean casserole- just the thing for a chilly Winter's night.

eastie3, Jun 23, 8:05am
Pork chops with roasted parsnips, golden kumera and red onions, alsosteamed carrots and broccoli, gravy and homemade applesauce.

I love winter food !

wheelmann, Jun 23, 8:27am
Sarma (stuffed cabage rolls), mash and spinach. If only I had a pint of Porter or Ale to drink with it.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 1:21am
Wood Smoked Salmon & Orzo Sald

1 cup orzo, cooked;1 teaspoon flaky sea salt; ½ cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked; 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill; Grated rind 1 lemon; ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley; 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil; 2 tablespoons lemon juice; 2 cups baby spinach leaves; 200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through.

This is one of our favourite dishes, however, I usually leave the peas and dill out if they are not in the house. I use the zest and juice of two lemins, plenty of freshly ground gourmet pepper. I find by the time I get home that i want something simple and tasty and this always fits the bill.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 1:22am
I buy the Regal wood smoked salmon with the peppery crust.

stells3, Jun 30, 1:37am
Last nights left over crockpot stew, tarted up with dumplings on top. Probably have it with cabbage and pumpkin. My husband made the stew. So delicious and he made heaps of it too. So yummy.

stells3, Jun 30, 1:39am
Oh cooksessentials, that Salmon and Orzo recipe sounds so nice. I'm going to pu that onto next weeks menu. Thank you for sharing it.

nfh1, Jun 30, 1:49am
Chicken breast stuffed with apricots and jacket potato. Cannot decide between veges or salad to accompany!

alebix, Jun 30, 1:56am
I'm going to buy some crumbed schnitzel from export meat and then do chips and vege for it. Plus its buy $10 worth, get $10 free.

nfh1, Jun 30, 1:58am
can you grill crumbed schnitzel or would it dry out too much?

cookessentials, Jun 30, 2:08am
it is delicious stells3 but I actually prefer it without the peas and I love the extra added lemon zest juice and gourmet pepper.

antoniab, Jun 30, 2:14am
Cauliflower salad with anchovy dressing from my new cookbook that I got today - Real Fresh Food by Anna and Rodger Wilde. Dont really like cauilflower but I LOVE anchovies lol with meringues, whipped cream and blackberry compote for pud.

2halls, Jun 30, 2:15am
Tunisian vegetable and chickpea stew with harissa, small blob of homemade hummus on top :-)

2halls, Jun 30, 2:16am
Please, please antoniab ... post the anchovy dressing recipe. I adore anchovies too :-)

nattles88, Jun 30, 2:20am
Tuna, broccoli and pea pasta back with pumpkin but i havent decided how to do the pumpkin yet and DF is gallantly trying tomake a chocolate cake as we speak

antoniab, Jun 30, 2:20am
Why certainly, I have the book right here :) 1/4 c olive oil, 1/2 c thick natural yoghurt (greek is best) 4 anchovies (or it says you can use sun dried tomatos if you dont like anchovies) 1-2 cloves of garlic, sliced, 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar, 1 free range egg. Put it all in a blender and whizz until smooth. Can be refridgerated for up to 3 days.

2halls, Jun 30, 2:31am
Oh, that sounds divine antoniab. Problem for me is I can't have dairy, but I think I could subsitute a chickpea puree with some lemon in it, I'm sure it's to give it some body as much as anything. I'll give it a go anyway :-)