What are you having for dinner tonight?

Page 2 / 3
antoniab, Jun 30, 2:36am
Yeah def I dont see why not. Funny thing is this new cook book I got has loads of gluten and diary free recipes - just this one happens to have dairy :)

darlingmole, Jun 30, 4:58am
We're having tuna fish bake with salad. No very exciting but definately comfort food.

Tomorrow is hangi pork pieces done in the crock pot with peaches and apples served with steamed cabbage (generous dollop of butter and sod diets! ) with creamy mash ... mmmmm

_cinders_, Jun 30, 5:11am
was going to make veal patties but have no parsley or burger buns...
might run to the supermarket and buy a cooked chicken... ... ... ... .

cookessentials, Jun 30, 5:27am
I have put up a recipe for you cinders

motorbo, Jun 30, 5:31am
oh do try their chocolate avocado mousse - its yumo and so healthy yehhh ha, how do you liek the book? i subscribe to their emails, and their website hasd heaps of recipes sowas wondering if it was a good idea to get the cookbook

antoniab, Jun 30, 5:57am
Yeah that does sound good! Im going to do the pina colada icecream on the weekend too - sooo easy!

fisher, Jun 30, 6:08am
Streaky Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato wraps...
with onion, celery, parsley, basil, spring onions and fried mushrooms. . with best foods mayo to hold it all together. .

vintagekitty, Jun 30, 6:10am
we are having savoury rice and spicy chicken kebabs, apple crumble and ice cream

rolznsp, Jun 30, 6:31am
Cookessentials you have some yummmy recipes! feel free to come cook for me if you get board ;)

Hubbys cooking steak, kumara, pumpkin, cabbage and tatties with yummy mushroom sauce.

winnie231, Jun 30, 7:17am
Real chicken soup & garlic rolls.
I had 2 leftover roast chicken carcasses which I simmered for several hours to make an awesome stock. I stripped every last shred of meat of the bones, added it back into the stock with lots of veg & ... . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

donald6, Jun 30, 7:21am
Butter chickpeas & rice. It's like butter chicken but without the chook!

liamjosh, Jun 30, 7:23am
Okonomiyaki... . yummy :P

cookessentials, Jun 30, 7:26am
well thank you- not bad for a "shop person" who copies and pastes everything from Google eh?

cookessentials, Jun 30, 7:30am
Of course, on a more serious note... thank you, I am glad you appreciate my contributions. I love cooking, however I dont have quite as much tiime to experiment and fiddle about as I would like. We try to have people for dinner as often as we can as I love trying new things and I like spoiling my friends

cookessentials, Jun 30, 9:18pm
Probably pumpkin, aubergine and chickpea tikka masala curry tonight as it is relatively quick and i cant be bothered mucking about.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 30, 9:24pm
Garlic lemon prawns with cauli rice. And that's reminded me to get them out of the freezer! You got a nice day down your way Cookie?

virea, Jun 30, 9:45pm
how is cauli mash done please

bedazzledjewels, Jun 30, 9:49pm
Cook your cauli florets (and a few slices of leek if you like) as normal - either steam or microwave them. Drain and then add some wholegrain mustard, dash of cream and butter and I use a stick blender to mash it all up.
There are lots of interesting variations but I'm not allowed to post the link to the website that has them.
Similarly to make cauli rice - zap the uncooked cauli in a food processor until it ressembles rice grains. Then either microwave with a spalsh of water for about 7 minutes or toss in a pan until cooked. There are variations on this too.

virea, Jun 30, 9:51pm
thank you bedazzled will try that tonight

cookessentials, Jun 30, 9:53pm
quite stunning BD - for a change LOL. The last three Sundays have been crap and as it is our only day off, one gets a little stir crazy-we still go out - usually to go and clear the mail in Greytonw and have a coffee, but in the wet, we cant put the hood down and I am missing that!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 30, 9:54pm
There are some good food shops in Greytown I seem to remember? Is that the home of Schoc chocolate? !

nfh1, Jun 30, 9:57pm
Yes! ! ! ! Lovely chocs.

rolznsp, Jul 1, 4:47am
Por spare ribs here tonight... so excited. They are verrrry meaty! nomnomnomnom

cookessentials, Jul 1, 4:50am
It certainly is and they do some lovely chocolate too. Yes we have one or two lovely shops there and Masterton itself is a changing too.

tekeflapz, Jul 1, 4:52am
home made chicen burgers- fresh chicken breast spread with basil and feta "lisa's" cheese and red onion and coleslaw and mushrooms and shoestrings onthe side yum