Best "Fish n chips" Christchurch

Page 2 / 2
suziedd, Jun 5, 5:49am
Church Corner near Robbies-Irecommend their fish and chips.

blou, Jun 5, 6:17am
We never tell anyone where we get our chips from and they all comment on how nice they are ... the shop is terrible looks filthy outside often been grafittiedbut behind the counter clean as . . great fish nice thick chips and great value Acheson Av ... I know I know bit rough but if you are brave worth a try we now will not go anywhere else

245sam, Jun 5, 8:58am
I think donna_jo29 means "upper end of Sydenham/Beckenham. . Colombo Street, opposite new policestation". :-))

tahmoh, Jun 5, 10:48am
Two places spring immediately to mind. Both in my general neighbourhood. First and best, IMHO is on the corner of Stanmore Road and Alexander Street. Can't recall it's name. It won "best fish'n'chip shop in South Island (two years running, IIrc) within a year or two after opening. Secondly, the corner of Gayhurst&McBratney's Roads. Also, honorary mention goes to a place on Shakespeare Road and nearly on Waltham Road, opposite Patel's dairy. It's set off the street and is more a fishery wholesaler but it has a small fish&chippery attached. They do the best crumbed seasonal fish around. Plenty of off street parking but you can't get a street view from google earth for this area, for some reason. BTw. , I'm uber-fussy. I rarely buy greasies these days so they have to be exceptional to elicit a second visit from me. Got crumbed perch last week on a terribley rainey day and with a squeeze of lemon was absolutely fabulous. HTH

najopito, Jun 5, 10:58am
First time I went to Chch I had some fancy ones. Not crumbed or battered but seasoned. I drove past the place when I got to Chch but could not find it when it was dinner time. Was near Hagley park

bluecalico, Jun 5, 11:05am
Main North Road/corner Sawyers Arms... ... . . North Road Fish and Chips i think called... ... I reckon the best! ! !

katalin2, Jun 5, 11:55am
Could be in Victoria St by Carlton Corner- across the road from Knox Church- they do designer F & C at fancy prices... . .

najopito, Jun 5, 9:11pm
sounds like it. they were good though

stan202, Jun 5, 11:32pm
might be a little out of your way but after trying all the ones in Halswell which were no good we went to Prebbelton after being recommend by friends and that's were we go all the time now.

rolznsp, Jun 5, 11:44pm
the ones out belfast/nrthwood are shit! we drive all the way into shirley and go to Wicked fish and Chips on Briggs road. they are good! do great family packs too and there cheap fish is devine!

$20 family pack you get 3x fish 2x meat patties 4x potato fritter 2x pineapple fritter 2x hotdogs 2scoop chip and bottle of fizz. well worth it.

And 2 chocolate donuts!

charlieb2, Jun 6, 12:25am
sorry, cant agree with you there about your second choice... . . its our 'local'. The people are lovely... but the quality of the FnC has gone down hill recently. Mr claims the one on Woodham Road (gloucester st corner) by the pharmacy is the best... .

danielvds, Jul 12, 6:56pm
I couldn't agree with you more but where in christchurch do you go to get it cooks in fat/dripping. Can anyone help please?