Idiot proof Scones... a thank you!!

Page 23 / 23
wise_one, Jun 19, 3:26am
this sounds awesome going to try it to morrow im out of flour at this stage cant wait though

odfrj, Jun 19, 7:37am
made these scones today and added cheese,onion,bacon and OMG.Yummy and fluffy! thankyou for the recipe.

janny3, Jun 19, 4:05pm

wise_one, Jun 24, 7:54am
have made four batches of these great results each time loving them and sooo easy

jazz46, Jun 24, 9:03am
how long do u knead for when u are ready to cook

nik12, Jun 24, 9:19am
I only knead just enough to push it into shape really. so as little as possible.
Thought I'd add (if I haven't already) these make a reasonable gluten free version with the Bakels flour mix.Do manage to get a bit of a rise out of them. just don't over cook.My downfall every time lol.

subo, Jul 13, 9:52am
This is a thick but wet mixture.

janny3, Jul 13, 2:00pm
I love the scones and also made a flat slab without milk much to everyone's delight.

Just wondering if you've made them as savoury scones or in muffin trays as has been suggested by another member!

TIA

subo, Jul 13, 10:05pm
Yes janny3. I do all sorts with the mixture. Pizza base needs flour to sprinkle on while spreading out. Ripe bannana scones. Cheese, onion, bacon, salami, fruit and any kind of slab with olive oil and herbs on top. Can burn so tinfoil needed before end of cooking sometimes. Ok for muffins but I still prefer as scones. I also cook them in my little bench oven most of the time. Saves using the big oven for just one thing.

janny3, Jul 14, 8:23am
Well thanks for that.Wonderful ideas!

So now you've got me hankering for herbed pumpkin scones.Going to try it in the convection oven.

janny3, Nov 3, 12:11pm
. Famous
http://suite101.com/article/scone-recipe-guaranteed-not-to-fail-a153821
Using scone mix for a slow cooker chicken and dumplings meal.

janny3, Nov 3, 12:11pm
. Famous
http://suite101.com/article/scone-recipe-guaranteed-not-to-fail-a153821
Using scone mix for a slow cooker chicken and dumplings meal.

rosel4, Nov 24, 12:42pm
Thanks Subo.

jbsouthland, Nov 25, 4:57am
Have just made these.they look and taste great.next time will fiddle and make savory ones.nom nom.Mr JB is all smiles :)

wise_one, Nov 25, 5:57am
ive just made a batch of dates ones i make them 3times a week