Apple Dessert Recipes

Page 3 / 6
cookessentials, Aug 31, 2:57am
bumping up for novices.

lindylambchops1, Aug 31, 9:21am
I made these tonight for dessert, they were excellent with custard, thank you for sharing!

indy95, Sep 7, 5:37am
This could be called an " old fashioned " recipe I suppose, but it is still surprisingly good if you want just something light after a heavy, rich main course.

Apple Snow

1 kg cooking apples ( Braeburn are good for this recipe ) peeled and sliced
1 T lemon juice
About 3 T apple juice, cider or water
Grated rind of 1 lemon
About 90 g sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
3 egg whites

Cook apples with lemon juice, liquid and rind over a very low heat, covered, until soft then uncover and cook stirring often until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from and stir in sugar and cinnamon. Beat until smooth then leave to cool.

Whisk egg whites until they form peaks which turn over and fold into apple puree. Put in individual dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.

nauru, Sep 9, 8:49am
Apple pie filling

4 apples peeled and cut into chunks
1 tablsp butter
2 tablsp brown sugar
1 teasp ground cinnamon
1/2 teasp grated nutmeg
zest 1 lemon + 1 tablsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds

Melt butter in pan, add sugar and stir until dissloved.Add apples, spices, sultanas, lemon zest and juice and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes then add almonds to mixture.Remove from heat and cool before filling pastry case.This is also good to use for a crumble too.

indy95, Sep 9, 8:07pm
Yes it is a lovely light dessert and I should have said that it's important not to oversweeten it as keeping the tart flavour of the apples is essential.

I have recently been going through some of my " old fashioned " recipe books and have rediscovered some great recipes that I used more years ago than I want to admit.

cookessentials, Sep 9, 9:24pm
Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes the old tried and true taste so much nicer. I notice there is a real resurgence in traditional cooking methods, we sell alot of pudding steamers, mincers and gem irons and I get alot of people popping in to share their recipes or ask questions, it is refreshing to see that people are taking a great interest in doing some things the traditional way.

cookessentials, Sep 19, 11:13pm
bumping up for someone wanting easy dessert recipes

smileeah, Sep 21, 5:26am
Novelty Apple Pudding

4 med apples, peeled and cored
1/2c SR flour
3/4c sugar
2T butter
1 c cold water

Halve apples horizontally through the middle (so that each half has the hole in the centre) and place in a single layer into a greased ovenproof dish.
Mix flour and sugar together then rub butter into mixture until crumbly. Stir in water. Will be a watery lumpy mixture.
Pour over apples and bake at 180c for 35-4o mins or until apples are cooked through.

Can also use pears.

ams7, Sep 24, 7:52pm
Best Apple Crumble Recipe:
Stewed Apples With this topping. 2oz Butter, 4oz Sugar, 1/4 tsp Vailla Essence, 1 Egg, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cinnamon, 2 Cups Cornflakes, 1 Cup Coconut. Mix together and place over the top of stewed fruit. Bake 180oC for about 30 mins

cookessentials, Sep 29, 6:18pm
Up for someone asking

fruitluva2, Sep 29, 9:48pm
Mmmm I've been hungry for a real nice apple pie for some time I want one that taste just like my sil or mum, or old employer. 3 great bakers unfortunately my sil and mum have both forgotten how to make their delights.

cookessentials, Oct 12, 9:43pm
Up for dessert ideas

lindylambchops1, Jan 12, 3:01am
It is raining here in Rangiora so have just made the above dessert for tonight.This will follow Peanut Chicken & Rice.

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:45am
Another one for feeding hungry guests

elliehen, Feb 24, 6:31am
I just stewed some new season's early apples which had started to go soft, threw in a few dates while cooking to sweeten a little, and served with a scoop of ice-cream.It went down well with the hungry :)

elliehen, Feb 24, 6:31am
I just stewed some new season's early apples which had started to go soft, threw in a few dates while cooking to sweeten a little, and served with a scoop of ice-cream.It went down well with the hungry :)

indy95, Mar 21, 4:19am
Bumped for rozigurl who asked for apple recipes. There are some great recipes in here.

elliehen, Apr 9, 9:27am
Bump for the last few weeks of the apple harvest

cookessentials, Apr 9, 9:44am
Still enjoying delicious Braeburns which are my favourite.

cookessentials, Apr 11, 3:44am
Plenty of apples about now...so some great dessert ideas here.

cookessentials, Apr 12, 3:44am
Plenty of apples about now.so some great dessert ideas here.

cookessentials, Apr 14, 8:04am
Bumping for post #12 for someone wanting Dutch apple cake recipe

cookessentials, Apr 14, 11:54pm
Apples With Almond Crumble Topping
6 (1.2kg) apples
¼ cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
50g self-raising flour
40g icing sugar extra
30gground almonds
90g butter, chopped
50g flaked almonds

Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Place in a 1.5 litre (six-cup) capacity greased ovenproof dish. Stir in the sifted icing sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.

Sift flour and extra icing sugar into a bowl. Stir in almond meal then rub in the butter; stir in flaked almonds.

Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apple and bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until topping is browned. Serve with ice-cream

cookessentials, Apr 15, 11:54pm
Apples With Almond Crumble Topping
1.2kg apples
40g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
50g self-raising flour
40g icing sugar extra
30gground almonds
90g butter, chopped
50g flaked almonds

Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Place in a 1.5 litre (six-cup) capacity greased ovenproof dish. Stir in the sifted icing sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.

Sift flour and extra icing sugar into a bowl. Stir in almond meal then rub in the butter; stir in flaked almonds.

Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apple and bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until topping is browned. Serve with ice-cream

elliehen, May 9, 12:38am
Bumping for dmc30