Feijoa, figs and apple ideas?

twobitcares, Apr 26, 5:18am
Collected 8kg of feijoas that had fallen from our tree today and still double this left on the tree. Also picked a bag of figs and two bags of apples. Any good ideas/recipes?

dolphinfan, Apr 26, 5:22am
None sorry, but if you have some figs going free I would be interested in some.Would like to try some

twobitcares, Apr 26, 5:48am
The figs have a very short life span, they do not keep well so really need to be eaten or preserved on the day of picking (especially due to being battered round in this weather)

There are not many good ones left as the birds get them very quickly but im sure I could find a few

jessie981, Apr 26, 6:23am
Aunt Daisy has recipes for Feijoa Jam, Feijoa, Guava & Apple Jelly, Feijoa & Melon Jam, Fig Chutney & Pickled Figs.
Will post recipe if anyone wants

uli, Apr 26, 6:55am
I would recommend using the search function on the left - hundreds of recipes to be found there for your "problems" ... :)

twobitcares, Apr 26, 7:59am
already tried that for fig recipes and found very few. Got a few nice sounding feijoa recipes (and just tried the first now)

510, Apr 26, 10:55am
My sister made Fejoa mousse the other day, can post that if u are interested.

filly6, Apr 27, 9:19am
I make a feijoa loaf with all mine... only lasts the day... can post this recipe if you want..

jaybee321, Apr 28, 10:14am
Fig chutney and pickled figs recipe would be much appreciated

ghannah, Apr 29, 4:36am
Fig recipes posted please.Done a google search, and most recipes are not practical.

anne1955, Apr 29, 4:52am
Feijoa's in the south supermarkets yesterday 39c each :( I'd love to buy some off you..and figs as well..yummy..your north islanders should send down boxes to us listed via here naturally...I have a great book you could try and find might be one here?New Zealand Womans Weekly Test Kitchen Favourite Preserves Printed by Shortland Publications Ltd 1985 A great Book..

thornton1961, Apr 29, 11:13pm
have just been chopping ours up and putting them in salads, theyre nice as not too sweet, will try a salad dressing too, like rasberry vinegrette, .....wrap them in bacon and roast ............... maybe blue cheese on top and grill ......
fig chutney ??