Feijoa recipes in NZ Gardener?

marley, Apr 24, 2:08am
Woah.whats the recipe for the microwave jam!

cookessentials, Apr 24, 2:58am
http://www.feijoa.org.nz/promotion.htmlHere are some aesome feijoa recipes. i like the poached feijoas and also the feijoa slices with blue cheese!

griffo4, Apr 24, 7:29am
Wildflower sorry l didn't see your message last time but the feijoa cheesecake is a keeper it is really nice and l will be making it again now they are here, yum

dlmckay, Apr 24, 8:08am
Yes!What's that!

griffo4, May 2, 6:23am
I was told their was a feijoa cheesecake recipe in the NZ Gardener or is it in Your Home and Garden?
It has daisies on the front cover l was wondering if that is right as l will have a look when l go to town
Someone had made the cheesecake recipe and they said it was nice and with so many feijoas around any recipe for them is handy
TIA

griffo4, May 3, 2:20am
Does anyone have last months NZ Gardener please?
l went to buy the mag today thinking the recipe was in this months one but was told it was last months

wildflower, May 3, 4:35am
Ingredients for base - 250gm packet digestive biscuits - 100gm butter, melted - 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

For filling - 12-15 feijoas (800gm) - 1/3 c caster sugar - 500gm cream cheese, softened - 250gm sour cream - 1 Tbsn gelatin dissolved in 1/4 c boiling water - 2 Tbsn icing sugar, sifted - 375gm can caramel sweetened cond. milk

For topping - 4 feijoas, peeled and sliced into rounds - juice of 1/2 lemon

To make the base, grease a 20cm loose-bottomed springform tin or pie dish and line sides with baking paper.Crush biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, or a food processor.Add melted butter and ginger, and combine.Turn mixture into baking dish and line the bottom and sides, pressing down with the back of a wooden spoon.Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.

To make the filling, cook peeled and sliced feijoas with sugar and 1/3 c of water for 3-5 minutes, until tender.Drain and reserved liquid.Let the fruit cool.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and creamy.Gradually add dissolved gelatine and icing sugar.Fold in cond. milk, then add the cooled fruit.Mix until just combined and pour on to the chilled base.Place in the fridge for at least an hour.

To make the topping, dip feijoa slices into lemon juice.In a small saucepan heat the reserved liquid from the cooked feijoas.Dip feijoa slices into this hot sugar liquid, then cook quickly, for 20-30 seconds.Removed and drain on baking paper.Continue to cook the sugar liquid down until reduced by half.Arrange fruit slices on top of the cheesecake and drizzle sugar syrup over each wedge to serve.

griffo4, May 3, 6:23am
I was told their was a feijoa cheesecake recipe in the NZ Gardener or is it in Your Home and Garden!
It has daisies on the front cover l was wondering if that is right as l will have a look when l go to town
Someone had made the cheesecake recipe and they said it was nice and with so many feijoas around any recipe for them is handy
TIA

griffo4, May 3, 6:57am
Thank you so much wildflower for taking the time to type this out for me l will be making it next week and l am sure others here will be as well

griffo4, May 4, 2:20am
Does anyone have last months NZ Gardener please!
l went to buy the mag today thinking the recipe was in this months one but was told it was last months

wildflower, May 4, 4:12am
Let me know what you think, our feijoas are almost ready.And you're most welcome.

sylvia, May 4, 10:21am
I have made the microwave jam twice now, a great success and you don't need to peel the feijoas - just pulp in food processor so it's very easy to do! Second batch I left out the ginger. Jam set really well - I believe there is a lot of pectin in this fruit.

wildflower, May 5, 4:12am
Let me know what you think, our feijoas are almost ready.And you're most welcome.

sylvia, May 5, 10:21am
I have made the microwave jam twice now, a great success and you don't need to peel the feijoas - just pulp in food processor so it's very easy to do! Second batch I left out the ginger. Jam set really well - I believe there is a lot of pectin in this fruit.