Feijoa's for sale.. South Island

juliewn, May 11, 4:51am
Just looking to see what fresh produce is available on Trademe and found these.. Listing #: 374550225 - I've seen posts from the South Island asking for feijoa's so posting in case it's of help..

rainrain1, May 11, 5:57am
What do they taste like, they don't appeal to me at all

calista, May 11, 12:33pm
I found some at Pack and save at Ricarton, but they weren't ripe,

fisher, May 11, 12:40pm
Best fruit out there...

rainrain1, May 11, 6:36pm
i will try one and give you my verdict

pickles7, May 11, 8:42pm
I tend to only eat the centers, from bought ones, they get very sour near the skin, when not ripe. A nice tree ripened one, I eat skin and all.
They are supposed to fall from the tree when ripe. The fruit that is so often for sale in the shops are picked, that fruit is as good as the person, picking it. We had something like 75 trees on a property we owned, and never sold one fruit. The kids were allowed free range, they came from all over town, to eat the fruit. After we sold the new people cut them all out, they couldn't stand the kids, helping themselves. Shame on them. 40 peach trees, three plum, a wee hedge of hazel nut trees, were also cut to the ground. No doubt all the trees have gone by now, it was hard case walking in town and have kids yelling out "good day" miss, they did respect our property, and us as a result.

anne1955, May 12, 4:21am
Hi People We had them in NW Gore Last week for 4.99 per kg I brought 8 kgs ex TM from a trader in the NI and still with freight got them here for half the price.Tomorrows job making jam and chutney, with them.

juliewn, May 12, 4:51am
Just looking to see what fresh produce is available on Trademe and found these. Listing #: 374550225 - I've seen posts from the South Island asking for feijoa's so posting in case it's of help.

rainrain1, May 12, 5:57am
What do they taste like, they don't appeal to me at all

calista, May 12, 12:33pm
I found some at Pack and save at Ricarton, but they weren't ripe,

fisher, May 12, 12:40pm
Best fruit out there.

pickles7, May 12, 8:42pm
I tend to only eat the centers, from bought ones, they get very sour near the skin, when not ripe. A nice tree ripened one, I eat skin and all.
They are supposed to fall from the tree when ripe. The fruit that is so often for sale in the shops are picked, that fruit is as good as the person, picking it. We had something like 75 trees on a property we owned, and never sold one fruit. The kids were allowed free range, they came from all over town, to eat the fruit. After we sold the new people cut them all out, they couldn't stand the kids, helping themselves. Shame on them. 40 peach trees, three plum, a wee hedge of hazel nut trees, were also cut to the ground. No doubt all the trees have gone by now, it was hard case walking in town and have kids yelling out "good day" miss, they did respect our property, and us as a result.