Feijoa crumble recipe wanted

trademequeen, Apr 27, 10:46pm
I saw a recipe in either the Saturday or Sunday paper last weekend for a Feijoa crumble. From memory it was shortcake pastry on bottom, fruit, and crumble topping.Does anyone have this recipe?Our paper got thrown out!!!!!!

twobitcares, Apr 28, 12:03am
I dont have that recipe but I make one using the edmonds fruit crumble recipe. Put fruit on bottom and put the crumble mixture on top. I also crush up some cornflakes and mix them into the crumbly mixture, which gives a good texture.

trademequeen, Apr 28, 12:22am
Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of adding in some cornflakes :).After more thought I think the one I am after is actually a flan or tart (individual ones).
Cheers

koru67, Apr 28, 3:28am
1 large square sheet sweet short pastry
1 egg, beaten
1kg feijoas peeled and sliced
100g hard salted butter
160g self-raising flour
a generous pinch of ground ginger
50g castor sugar
extra butter (optional)

preheat oven 165c fan bake. roll out pastry and line one well greased 23-26cm flan ring with pastry. cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
remove from fridge line with greaseproof or baking paper and fill with rice or baking beans. bake blind for 10mins - less for smaller tarts.
remove from the oven , remove the beans etc and brush the hot pastry base with beaten egg. place back in the oven to seal the tart shell , 3-4mins for a larger flan, a good minute for the smaller tarts.
place sliced feijoa into tart.
in the food processor pulse the butter, flour, ginger and sugar until it resembles coarse ground almonds.
sprinkle this all over the tart and fill in gaps as well. dot very lightly with a little extra butter. this is not necessary but adds extra colour to the topping.
bake 165c fan bake for at least 35 mins or until crumble is golden and fruit is slightly bubbling through.
note: we used four individual 8cm tartlet pans, they were baked at 165c fan bake for 17-20mins.

from the sunday star times - annabelle white recipe

trademequeen, Apr 28, 3:48am
Woo hoo :)Thanks so much.......that is the one. :)

Have a great day......you've made mine :)

trademequeen, Apr 28, 10:46pm
I saw a recipe in either the Saturday or Sunday paper last weekend for a Feijoa crumble. From memory it was shortcake pastry on bottom, fruit, and crumble topping.Does anyone have this recipe!Our paper got thrown out!

trademequeen, Apr 29, 12:22am
Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of adding in some cornflakes :).After more thought I think the one I am after is actually a flan or tart (individual ones).
Cheers

trademequeen, Apr 29, 3:48am
Woo hoo :)Thanks so much.that is the one. :)

Have a great day.you've made mine :)

parsondian, May 1, 10:34pm
well try this one from cuisine magazine for a feijoa cobbler.

Ingredients
25 medium feijoas
1 cup castor or white sugar
100g butter
1 cup self raising flour
250ml milk
½ teaspoon vanilla essence

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Halve the feijoas and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place the flesh into a small baking dish with a sprinkling or sugar and a little butter and allow to soften in the oven.

Cream the sugar and the butter together, Next add the flour, then add the milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the batter over the fruit to cover. Place back into the oven and cook for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.