FEIJOA SORBET!

murdoc4, May 2, 9:28pm
x2
This recipe is simply the best way to enjoy the new seasons feijoas...and so simple!
350g shelled feijoas
1tbsp lemon juice
200ml sugar syrup (equal quantities of sugar and water boiled together for 3mins)
Place feijoas and lemon juice into a food processor and blend till smooth, add cooled syrup to mixture and pass through a sieve to remove seeds (optional).
EASY!I place my mixture into plastic seal bags and lay flat in a large container till frozen and until needed.When wanting to use, remove a bag from freezer 20mins before serving to allow slight softening and blitz till all ice is broken up in processor......find a nice spot near the fire or heater and enjoy!I have converted many people to eating feijoas this way!!!!

nzl99, May 2, 9:38pm
MMMmmmm yum!

marree, May 2, 9:59pm
Yum that sounds nice!I have around 10 feijoas which are somewhat on their last legs (really ripe).Don't want to waste them - can I use for this sorbet or what else can you suggest.I would like to make a feijoa crumble tho - any easy recipes please (no pastry - I'm hopeless with that!).Ta

murdoc4, May 2, 11:19pm
If you are going to make feijoa sorbet, then you must have fresher ones - they taste much better in this recipe.Stew your older ones - they seem to bring out the best flavour for old feijoas.Place them in a pot with a small amount of water and a couple of tbsps of sugar (to taste) and bring to boil.Simmer for 10 mins and refridgerate.We love this on our cereals, especially porriadge or over icecream!

murdoc4, May 3, 9:28pm
This recipe is simply the best way to enjoy the new seasons feijoas.and so simple!
350g shelled feijoas
1tbsp lemon juice
200ml sugar syrup (equal quantities of sugar and water boiled together for 3mins)
Place feijoas and lemon juice into a food processor and blend till smooth, add cooled syrup to mixture and pass through a sieve to remove seeds (optional).
EASY!I place my mixture into plastic seal bags and lay flat in a large container till frozen and until needed.When wanting to use, remove a bag from freezer 20mins before serving to allow slight softening and blitz till all ice is broken up in processor.find a nice spot near the fire or heater and enjoy!I have converted many people to eating feijoas this way!

marree, May 3, 9:59pm
Yum that sounds nice!I have around 10 feijoas which are somewhat on their last legs (really ripe).Don't want to waste them - can I use for this sorbet or what else can you suggest.I would like to make a feijoa crumble tho - any easy recipes please (no pastry - I'm hopeless with that!).Ta