Dessert finger food ideas please

Page 1 / 2
alebix, Mar 16, 8:37am
Hi there,

My dad is having his 80th birthday party this Saturday.

He is having a light supper, the "main" part of it is taken care of and im doing the desserts. The only thing is that there wont be any bowls so it needs to be finger food.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE...im stumped.

lx4000, Mar 16, 8:41am
fruit platter with choco fish and marshmallows always looks stunning. Slices and cupcakes/muffins

lx4000, Mar 16, 8:43am
brandy snaps and brandy snap cases filled with fruit and cream, lemon/fruit tarts. Choco cases filled with cream, fruit soaked in liquors and a bit of whipped cream on top. Hand made chocolates.

julie_, Mar 16, 8:44am
chocolate brownie, baklava

alebix, Mar 16, 8:44am
Fantastic ideas...

Any more?

kiwibubbles, Mar 16, 8:45am
chocolate or lemon tarts... miniature choc eclairs

alebix, Mar 16, 8:47am
Baklava????

lx4000, Mar 16, 8:51am
Pecan pie, Pumpkin pie can be eaten with a serviette::) along with apple or apricot slice.

alebix, Mar 16, 8:56am
Of course.. so much stuff, I have no idea why my mind has gone blank..

I appreciate everyones help...thank you

rainrain1, Mar 16, 6:08pm
cream some lamingtons, buy a slab of sponge, split and top each half with cream

sand8, Mar 16, 9:24pm
Fruit Kebebs with passion fruit topping poured over top great for kids of all ages

pixiegirl, Mar 16, 10:46pm
Hi alebix, we are having a similar thing shortly for son's 30th and what I am going to do is make our favourite cakes in baking dishes and freeze, bring them out day before and thaw and ice and cut into little bite sized pieces.Also looking at doing small little sample cups of things like choc mousse, jelly fruit etc,All the best.

___ellajac___, Mar 16, 11:26pm
What about the sponge fingers which are available with the biscuits in supermarket?They are easily handled and do not crumble up when bitten into.You could dip one end in chocolate, so the plain end could be held.

___ellajac___, Mar 16, 11:26pm
Kebab sticks with alternate grapes and marshmallows.

red38, Mar 16, 11:26pm
Great idea!

kinna54, Mar 17, 12:56am
Fruit custard tarts, sponge drops, *Edmonds book* are lovely, halve cream puff shells and decorate with whipped cream and fruit.

rkcroft, Mar 17, 4:35am
Truffles, profiteroles/eclairs, meringues, small pieces of chocolate raspberry brownie, mini bakewell tarts, cheesecakes done with the gingernut biscuit softened then pressed into a patty tin, chocolate fondue with fruit, shortbread and marshmallows.

buzzy110, Mar 17, 6:14am
What a brilliant idea. I'd have never thought of those. You could do those in disposable, clear plastic containers.

alebix, Mar 17, 8:37am
Hi there,

My dad is having his 80th birthday party this Saturday.

He is having a light supper, the "main" part of it is taken care of and im doing the desserts. The only thing is that there wont be any bowls so it needs to be finger food.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE.im stumped.

alebix, Mar 17, 8:44am
Fantastic ideas.

Any more!

kiwibubbles, Mar 17, 8:45am
chocolate or lemon tarts. miniature choc eclairs

alebix, Mar 17, 8:47am
Baklava!

alebix, Mar 17, 8:56am
Of course. so much stuff, I have no idea why my mind has gone blank.

I appreciate everyones help.thank you

cottagerose, Mar 17, 7:05pm
Custard squares. I had these at a party and they went down a treat

duckmoon, Mar 17, 8:53pm
you can purchase bite sized chocolate eclairs from the supermarket