Christmas Day Breakfast for 17 - ideas please :)

Page 2 / 2
duckmoon, Dec 17, 7:04am
When i had 12 for breakfast, I discovered that I could bake bacon (never done that, rather than fry it).
It was easy - into the oven, and then leave it alone - but watch it.
Much easier for a crowd

daarhn, Dec 17, 7:28am
Liquid breakfast. Bloody Marys and Voddy smoothies. then who ever is left standing does brunch

dabo, Dec 17, 6:11pm
I was barbecue where they did the eggs this way and I thought it was quite clever . It was on the griddle and they took a slice of wholemeal bread and with a glass cut out a circle in the middle then put the bread on the barbecue broke the egg into the middle of the circle . This kept the egg neatly contained and the toast toasting then they turned it over for the other side to be cooked and popped it on the plate. It was a good way to do them for lots of people

gaspodetwd, Dec 17, 6:53pm
I was thinking smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels? Just slice the bagels ready for people to toast. Slice some tomato and avocado and put out the cream cheese and smoked salmon. Or if people want something simpler - just nice butter and a good jam?

marcs, Dec 18, 4:13am
Try not to go too fancy with the cooking. Do thing ahead of time rather then on the day. Fruit platter or fruit salad go down well. Can do Muesli cups with yogurt the night before or if you want to be fancy and think people will eat it then chia breakfast cups. Muffins can also be made ahead of time and frozen then heated on the day. Use you bbq on the day to make bacon, eggs, sausages and anything else you want. Croissants with jam or scones with jam and cream. Chocolate croissants are nice too or danish pastries. Drinks I would the usual - Oj, hot drinks, champagne using fruit.

punkinthefirst, Dec 20, 3:59am
Keep it simple. You have a whole day of rich food to get through. Don't have anything you have to cook at the last minute. you have enough to do during the rest of the day. Use your crockpot and/or electric frypan on low heat to keep food warm at the table, and let everyone help themselves.
Fresh fruit and juice, cereal, toast and spreads, rolls kept hot in your crockpot, sausages, bacon and eggs all start the day off right. If you have a waffle iron, waffles can be made ahead and toasted from frozen in a toaster (put the toaster on the buffet as well). Add in good, freshly made coffee and tea, and you have an easy breakfast which satisfies most people. It is all in the presentation!. Oh, and make sure you do as much of the prep as you can on Christmas Eve. set the table, put sausages, bacon etc in trays ready for the oven, fruit into bowls, juice into jugs,rolls into the crockpot, fill the kettle, etc. you'll welcome the extra 10 minutes sleep in the morning, and you'll be less stressed, knowing that people can start to eat, even if you're running late. Enjoy your day.

aktow, Nov 16, 11:17am
1) curried eggs. white sauce with curry, eggs cut into half or quartered , add chopped parsley,,you can add chopped bacon or sliced ham if budget allows
2) crispy pita bread with scrambled eggs. put small pita bread (sr brand pack of 10) in to a toaster, cut length ways to get two rounds, place scrambled egg on top, pita bread can be cut in half and heated under grill,, for buffet just put pita bread beside scrambled eggs.

3) bacon &egg toasties with cheese sauce. it is toast with bacon and egg on top with a toast lid,, cheese sauce goes over the top,, can be made up and served on a tray or have toast, eggs and bacon, sauce together on a buffet and let you quests serve themselves,,
4) homemade spaghetti,,, . fresh or packet spaghetti with diced bacon, diced onions, bound with a tomato sauce,,you can make your own or you can cheat and buy a madeup sauce from the supermarket,, whatever sauce is your favourite,

6) bagels,,, toasted or plain,,,, buy some cream cheese and add jam or fruits to it, cream cheese and smoked salmon is nice,, you can buy smoked salmon off cuts and chop it up, add cream cheese and lemon juice,

7) , braised liver and bacon,,,, yum
8) chicken livers, bacon in a bourbon cream sauce
saute chicken livers until just pink, remove from pan,, in pan add diced onions, sliced bacon, ,,, sliced mushrooms (optional)
add bourbon, flame, add cream and reduce sauce,, can add cornflour , this will stop the sauce from splitting,, season well,, add pink livers to sauce,,, serve