Le Creuset casserole dishes

Page 2 / 3
cookessentials, May 3, 6:30am
I Just have to be very careful with what I say - let's just say i do not buy product from them. His whole attitude was very un-professional.

fatinthehat, May 3, 6:31am
Great idea! I will do that if my email to Mr Bonch doesn't do the trick.

fatinthehat, May 3, 6:32am
Yes his letter to me was pathetic, he had a very cavalier attitude.

brianmac, May 3, 6:37am
I see you are in Masterton! You must come in and visit some time!
Picture, open neck shirt, chains, pointy crock skin shoes LOL

fatinthehat, May 3, 6:43am
Oh my goodness, someone hold me back LOL

brianmac, May 3, 7:41am
The word MCP sprang to mind at the time.

tixy, May 3, 8:57am
Slightly off topic but I have a couple of the Stevens casserole jobbies ( i whispered that so no proper L C owners heard it... ) and they do stain a bit.
The inside - well, that just shows lots of flavoursome memories! The bottom looks a bit rough though... Two things I have found are - rubbing it with salt can help - watch out for chipped enamel though. The other is to make a paste with baking soda and a spot of dishwash - and a hunk of elbow grease! Great vessels though:)

gaspodetwd, May 3, 9:05am
I owna big set of Le Creuset. And love it. And stains come off with the Le creuset stain remover - which is amazing stuff. Never had any problem with enamel though.

annie.nz, May 3, 7:45pm
A lot of overseas companies tend to have the view that NZ law doesn't apply to them - especially consumer and employee protection law - you have quite powerful rights as a consumer in NZ.

Thanks for the heads up on quality, also -I had been intending to save for a new Le Creuset frying pan - the handle on my old one has finally bitten the dust after being used at flaming high heat over gas and electricity since 1976. The product obviously isn't what it used to be, so I won't be springing for a new one.

cookessentials, May 3, 8:03pm
May I suggest the American "Lodge" pre-seasoned cast iron? it is not enamelled, it is made in the USA and has been since 1898

cookessentials, May 3, 8:04pm
The "Signature Range" would be the top of the range, but they also have plainer varieties available

2halls, May 3, 8:10pm
I have to totally endorse what cookessentials has just said about the Lodge pans. I own two Lodge pans, as well as some Le Crueset and one of the Stevens range cast iron casseroles. The Lodge pans are absolutely brilliant, and as a bonus come "pre seasoned", in other words:all ready to use. :-)

neil_di, May 3, 8:27pm
Yes . . Lodge are the best. I have had mine for many years and it is still in top condition. I hope I can pass it on to a grandchild (too late for my kids). I have 2 cast iron frying pans of my grandmothers. I wouldn't like to work out how old they are possibly 70 yrs. . hows that for quality! !

nala2, May 3, 8:54pm
Makes you think, I looked at a very large Le Crueset casserole dish in Kirks in Wellington and it was originally $600 . It had 40% off and I was looking for something like that for lamb hocks etc, when I went back they had all gone, maybe I was lucky.

fatinthehat, May 3, 10:26pm
Where does one find the "Lodge" pans? Are they expensive? I don't mind paying for quality at all (or using my fly buys), but when they don't do what they say they should do, then i really DO mind. I have pans that i bought from The Warehouse that have lasted a lot longer than my LC casserole.

2halls, May 3, 10:38pm
I bought my Lodge pans at Ballantynes in Christchurch. Perhaps they sell them on line ? I don't know if Farmers stock them ? cookessentials is bound to know who has them :-)

2halls, May 3, 10:40pm
Oh, and regarding the price ... I would say they are approximately half the price for the equivalent sized piece in Le Creuset (not cheap, but affordable) ... :-)

fatinthehat, May 3, 11:39pm
I'll definitely be looking at "Lodge" in future then instead of Le Creuset!

fatinthehat, May 3, 11:46pm
ok now i'm lost! :)

fatinthehat, May 3, 11:50pm
lol OH! I didn't realise you were the same person! How handy you are in the same town as me :)

fatinthehat, May 18, 1:23am
cookessentials can you beleive that Mr Borich still has not replied to my email regarding my LC casserole?

cookessentials, May 18, 2:57am
Um, yes ... he never replied to mine! hence we do not buy from them. Call in and see us some time.

fatinthehat, May 18, 4:32am
Will do. Whereabouts are you?

fatinthehat, Jun 10, 2:37am
I went back to Fly Buys as i never did get a reply from the distributors of Le Creuset... . Anyway, the people at Fly Buys got hold of them and the distributors still refused to replace my casserole. So Fly Buys told them to send mine back to me, and they have refunded the Fly Buys points that i used to get the Le Creuset casserole in the first place! Isn't that great? !

It goes without saying that i won't be using the points to replace the casserole!

And Cookessentials, i saw your ad in the local paper this week, so i know where you are now :)

cookessentials, Jun 10, 3:10am
I am glad that flybuys came to your rescue. We dont sell the Le Creuset now, only the American Lodge cast iron which is fabulous. i think the distributor in NZ is not helping himself with that kind of attitude.