Chicken casserole recipe please

beausmum, Jan 17, 4:19am
brown up some chicken thighs, place into oven dish; pour over can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.Bake for 45 mins.Divine! serve with rice.

chookpan, Feb 28, 9:09pm
Need ideas for a quick and easy chicken casserole please.

jessie981, Feb 28, 9:44pm
Pop over to the left hand message board & key in chicken casserole. Date posted put anytime. Plenty there.

stormbaby, Feb 28, 9:47pm
I love this one, and have changed and adapted it over the years, its good enough for a dinner party, but really, just a leftover dish!

Chopped cooked leftover chicken, 1 cup cream, 1 cup milk, 1 sachet Maggi Mushroom Soup, chopped cooked bacon, chopped mushrooms (use as much of everything as you like, and increase the cream and milk/soup mix accordingling)
Mix the cream, milk and soup mix and thicken either in a jug in the microwave or a pot on the stove.
Place the chicken, mushroom and bacon in a lidded casserole dish, pour over the chicken soup/cream/milk mixture.
Bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Serve over rice or fettuchini with green beens. My family love this.You can also freeze it, or use it for pie filling.

chookpan, Feb 28, 10:58pm
Thanks stormbaby that sounds really yummy.

rainrain1, Feb 28, 11:46pm
Working Mums Chicken
Take 6 pieces chicken and place in an oven bag. In a bowl mix a med size tin pineapple pieces with the juice and a pkt of onion soup. Place this mixture on top of the chicken in bag and cook 350 until done...
Can be done in casserole dish..... :-)

fisher, Feb 28, 11:54pm
Chicken and Bacon Casserole
Chicken piecesflour3 tbsp butter1/2 cup water. 1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)2 tbsp oil1 clove garlic1 onion 425gm can tomatoessalt and pepper
Coat chicken pieces with flour and brown in butter till golden brownRemove from pan.Add crushed garlic and chopped onion to pan and sauté.
Add undrained mashed tomatoes, wine, water and seasonings. Put chicken in oven proof dish, pour over sauce. Bake uncovered30 mins. Thicken if needed with a little cornflour mixed in water. Sprinkle with topping and return to oven until browned.
Topping:
Melt butter in pan, sauté chopped bacon and breadcrumbs until bacon crisp and crumbs golden. Add parsley and grated cheese, mixing well.

fisher, Feb 28, 11:56pm
Chicken and Vege Casserole
Ingredients :
1 tbsp oil,8 chicken drumsticks1 large onion, chopped1 large capsicum1 large carrot, sliced1 stick celery, sliced1/2 cup peas 1/2 corn
11/2 cups plain flour2 tbsp tomato paste1 tsp dried oregano440gm can tomatoes11/2 cup chicken stock1 tbsp fresh basil
freshly ground black pepper
Method:
In a large saucepan, heat oil and cook chicken pieces,allowing to almost cook through. Stir in onion and capsicum and allow to cook for 7 minutes. Add carrot, celery, peas and corn to casserole dish and cook for a further 5 mins Stir in flour, tomato paste, oregano, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes .
You can also bake covered with tin foil in preheated moderate oven for 45 mins.
Just before serving, stir in the basil and season to taste with pepper.

rainrain1, Mar 1, 12:18am
More busy mum recipes (not casserole)
Wanaka Pizza Pie
For each person allow 1 slice toast bread or 2 slices thin bread. Place buttered side down in dish.Spread with chopped onion, bacon and grated cheese, tinned or fresh tomatoes.Pour over 4 beaten eggs and bake 400 for half an hour.Can add 1 cup milk to eggs

Spaghetti Cottage Pie
Spread 1 450gr tin spaghetti in greased pie flan dish. Cover withlayer of chopped onion, 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes.Cover with thick layer of cooked mashed potatoes.Sprinkle thickly with grated cheese.Bake mod oven 15 to 20 min.....

rainrain1, Mar 1, 12:29am
Farmhouse Chicken Casserole

4 chicken breasts or thighs
flour for dusting
2Tblsp butter
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tblsp cornflour
1 tesp honey
1 Tblsp chopped parsley
fresh ground black pepper
3/4 cup sliced carrots
3/4 cup peas
1 lge chopped onion
Coat chicken with flour, melt butter in pan and brown the chicken. Drain off excess fat.Mix chicken stock, wine, cornflour,honey, parsley and pepper together and heat till it thickens.place chicken and veges into casserole dish and pour sauce over.bake at 180C for 30 min or simmer on top of stove 25 to 30 mins. When cooked veges should be tender and chicken juices should run clear, not pink.Serve with mashed or baked potatoes:-)

stormbaby, Mar 1, 12:49am
Hello fisher! Thought of you when taking salmon out of freezer (to give to SIL for birthday as can't stand the stuff!!). Hello from Ground Zero.

rainrain1, Mar 1, 11:46pm
Working Mums Chicken
Take 6 pieces chicken and place in an oven bag. In a bowl mix a med size tin pineapple pieces with the juice and a pkt of onion soup. Place this mixture on top of the chicken in bag and cook 350 until done.
Can be done in casserole dish. :-)

rainrain1, Mar 2, 12:18am
More busy mum recipes (not casserole)
Wanaka Pizza Pie
For each person allow 1 slice toast bread or 2 slices thin bread. Place buttered side down in dish.Spread with chopped onion, bacon and grated cheese, tinned or fresh tomatoes.Pour over 4 beaten eggs and bake 400 for half an hour.Can add 1 cup milk to eggs

Spaghetti Cottage Pie
Spread 1 450gr tin spaghetti in greased pie flan dish. Cover withlayer of chopped onion, 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes.Cover with thick layer of cooked mashed potatoes.Sprinkle thickly with grated cheese.Bake mod oven 15 to 20 min.

chookpan, Mar 2, 8:24am
Stormbaby thank you so much for the recipe.Tried it last night and it went down such a treat.So easy too.Thanx again.

fisher, Mar 2, 10:34am
Hey Stormbaby... hope things are ok's with you and yours... Its hard to comprehend the devastation, turmoil and fear and continuing apprehension that this second earthquake has brought into Cantabs lives.. Have made a donation but that all seems so little when you are far away from it all..

ruby19, Mar 2, 7:23pm
This is a fav in our house. I use the drumsticks which makes it economical when they are down to 4.99 kg.

4 rashers bacon (* i ran out last time and just added 3/4 tsp paprika, & 1/4 tsp smoked paprika hubby loved it)
2 tbsp oil
50 g butter
300g small mushrooms halved
1.5kg chicken peices
2 onions chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes in juice
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup cream ( I use sour cream and probably only use about a 1/4 cup it is what I usually have in fridge)
2 tbsp fresh parsley
fresh thyme leaves.
chop bacon and cook in large frying pan remove & set aside on paper towels.
heat half the oil & butter cook mushrooms until softened & golden remove.
Add remaining oil & brown the chicken pieces over high heat until skin is browned and a little crisp.
Add remaining butter and add the onion & garlic cook over med heat until softened pour in tomatoes, stock, cream,and return the bacon, mushrooms, & chicken . simmer over med heat for about 25 min or until sauce has thickened season with salt and pepper, and a little sugar* to taste. (Just something I do) Add fresh herbs and simmer for another 5 min.

stormbaby, Mar 2, 9:29pm
fisher wrote:
Hey Stormbaby... hope things are ok's with you and yours... Its hard to comprehend the devastation, turmoil and fear and continuing apprehension that this second earthquake has brought into Cantabs lives.. Have made a donation but that all seems so little when you are far away from it all..[/quote

Yes we are all good here. City is munted though. Have been doing what we can when we can as has everyone else. Had to travel accross town yesterday in a convoy, twas like driving in Beirut I kid you not.

stormbaby, Mar 2, 9:30pm
You are welcome. Thats one good thing to come out of Christchurch at the moment!

helpless, Mar 3, 1:28am
Easiest one I know is one me Mum used to make..You want Chicken thighs..boned etc but not really needed. So..all you do is chop an onion..throw in caserole dish..Cut the thighs in half..put in your dish. Mix up one packet of Maggi cream of chook soup with maybe a cup of water,,maybe a bit more..tip into Caserole dish..Salt and pepper it..Put oven on about 170..cook an hour..thicken with a little Cornflower if the liquids a bit runny..serve with rice..Simple and very tasty.

jessie981, Mar 3, 2:01am
Made last night & was delicious. Thanx to a ChCh survivor from another.

fisher, Mar 3, 10:34am
Hey Stormbaby. hope things are ok's with you and yours. Its hard to comprehend the devastation, turmoil and fear and continuing apprehension that this second earthquake has brought into Cantabs lives. Have made a donation but that all seems so little when you are far away from it all.

stormbaby, Mar 3, 11:08am
Hehehe, the kids call it my "siege mentality", I call it my Dutch ability to make leftovers into more meals than the original meal. I bet a lot of us can do that. That's guys, cheers me up that something good came out of Chch this week. Waves to jessie981! At least I know you have power.

smileeah, Mar 4, 12:04am
Easy Apricot Chicken.
Mix 2 cans apricot halves in syrup with 2 sachets french onion soup (can use 1 can and 1 sachet depending on amount of chicken). Pour over chicken and bake 180c until chicken cooked (around 1-1 1/2hrs from memory).

helpless, Mar 4, 1:28am
Easiest one I know is one me Mum used to make.You want Chicken thighs.boned etc but not really needed. So.all you do is chop an onion.throw in caserole dish.Cut the thighs in half.put in your dish. Mix up one packet of Maggi cream of chook soup with maybe a cup of water,,maybe a bit more.tip into Caserole dish.Salt and pepper it.Put oven on about 170.cook an hour.thicken with a little Cornflower if the liquids a bit runny.serve with rice.Simple and very tasty.