Current cooking shows on free TV

Page 2 / 3
floralsun, Apr 28, 3:48am
http://www.tv3.co.nz/Al-Brown-Confirmed-As-Judge-On-TV3s-MasterChef-NZ/tabid/5133/articleID/111432/Default.aspx I think he'll do a great job.
Others? Peter Gordon? He has a relaxed and easy kinda style that might not be what they're looking for - most judges seem to be people that can keep. the. suspense. going. ! lol

Simon Wright, from The French Cafe?

Judith Tabron from Soul Bar and Bistro. be good to have a woman.

There's the head chef from The Langham too, what is his name.

Michael Meredith.

Maybe the Irish chef from the Sky City, Auckland restaurant who had a tv series about the creating of his restaurant there, including going out to find recipes, trial them then decide which would go on his menu. can't think of his name.

Found it - he's Sean Connelly, who has The Grill by Sean Connolly
https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/restaurants/the-grill/

bedazzledjewels, Apr 28, 3:56am
I would think that both Simon and Michael would be far happier in their own kitchens. Sean could be a starter. I suppose they'll start filming soon.

unknowndisorder, Apr 28, 4:22am
what channel was the Sean Connelly programme on? I quite liked the UK version, No Taste like Home, didn't know we'd had a version as well :( (think that was the name)

floralsun, Apr 28, 4:55am
Here you are - it was 'Under the Grill'
http://www.tv3.co.nz/Shows/UnderTheGrill.aspx

kaddiew, May 1, 3:28am
Reminder for Patisserie with Michel Roux Jnr tonight 7.30pm on Choice

melp6, May 1, 3:30am
Pioneer Woman was on Choice Tuesday at 4pm

bedazzledjewels, May 1, 3:43am
Thanks both of you.

unknowndisorder, May 1, 8:03am
sorry, forgot to thank you for that. unfortunately it won't play on the ipad, but might try over the weekend on something else :)

kaddiew, May 8, 3:57am
Chocolate Perfection with Michel Roux Jnr, tonight 7.30pm on Choice

bedazzledjewels, May 8, 8:35am
A wonderful programme tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

kaddiew, May 8, 8:15pm
It was lovely.

bedazzledjewels, May 8, 9:01pm
I'd go so far as to say that this series is the best TV work Michel has done.

kaddiew, May 9, 10:00pm
Masterchef Junior USA, starts tonight, 7.30pm on Prime. Season Premiere, same judges (Ramsay & co).

kaddiew, May 10, 6:25am
Bump for anyone looking for a cooking show tonight.

davidt4, May 10, 8:14am
I agree. It was a fantastic show and very educational as well! I love to hear him speaking French.

motorbo, May 10, 8:02pm
I don't like Sean, ive never seen anything he has done as being interesting/exciting or complex. also he lives in aussie and has a restaurant there, so he isn't much of a kiwi. is there any reason they wouldn't use Ray or Josh again? Micheal van de Elzen - I think he has a great personality, Peta Mathis would be a hoot for it! Antony Foy Hong also great on tv.

bedazzledjewels, May 10, 11:27pm
DT4 - do you have the first episode of the patisserie Series? I missed that one.
Kaddiew - what was Masterchef US Junior like? I missed that too! I really must get my viewing sorted out. Time to get back in to MKR too although that will be a long drawn out series I suspect.
Anyway, it's Giles tonight and I'm loving him.

melp6, May 10, 11:30pm
Masterchef Junior was awesome!

I suggest you watch it, it's so cute seeing the kids barely able to see over the bench. Man can they cook! One little girl was in floods of tears, she thought she'd overseasoned her potatoes, Gordon Ramsay came along and calmed her down, and told her she hadn't.

unknowndisorder, May 11, 2:36am
I can help with junior masterchef, if you want, but the patisserie series we've been watching live and not taping.

bedazzledjewels, May 11, 2:56am
Thanks Unknown, but I'll catch it next week.

kaddiew, May 11, 3:03am
I enjoyed it, but OMG what confident, self assured mini adults some of these kids are! The 12? year old boy dressed like his dad in shirt and waistcoat, complete with all the trendy "chef speak" I found to be rather obnoxious- but they all sure can cook.

davidt4, May 11, 3:36am
No, I didn't record it. When is it on? I'll try to record the rest of the series. It would be hard to beat his chocolate show though.

melp6, May 11, 3:42am
Spencer?

He was 12

bedazzledjewels, May 11, 4:36am
DT4 - the two patisserie programmes preceded the chocolate one. Maybe they'll re screen it.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 10, 9:55am
I saw a bit of it and it struck me that the judges seemed to be as scripted as the Oz and NZ version. Agree, rather like come dine.