Roasting pumpkin seeds..

Page 3 / 3
cookessentials, Apr 27, 7:02am
Got to laugh at that one eliehen...

beaker59, Apr 27, 7:07am
Long as they don't get the Pip eh! ellie :)

Post #49 Pot kettle

cookessentials, Apr 27, 7:09am
takes alot for thatto happen Doug

grannypam, Apr 27, 7:11am
somebody pinched my laundry basket. . lol

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/76/128466976_full. jp
g

doug57, Apr 27, 7:26am
ahhh... I'm so glad that he had opportunities with you Grannypam.
and that he was loved :))

cookessentials, Apr 27, 8:52am
He looks like he was loving that laundry basket!

uli, Apr 27, 9:20am
Do you realize that it was a requirement - when I was signing up at least - that one has to put up the "real name" ? ? ?

Stupid me did just that - are you telling me to now change it or what ? ? ? ... so now because you have called me Waltraud - aka ULI ... on several threads it seems that someone has put the dots together and I have had a phone call from someone - whoever it was - to tell me "off" about posting anything on TM recipes ...

While I am not saying this was you ... or one of your friends - it could have well been the easy "pointer" to finding my address details.

I am not going to post much on here form now on ... . so you and fisher can have the floor ... and good on you all to answer all the questions I used to answer ...

Have a great night and lots of wonderful weeks to comeLOL :)

birdie211, Apr 27, 10:01am
do you mind sharing your pumpkn relish recipe, i have heaps of pumpkins lol

buzzy110, Apr 27, 10:23am
Sneaks in to make a comment about pre-soaking.

Pre-soaking is an ancient knowledge from before recorded history. Whether the cooks of olde knew why they did it or not I don't know, however, it is knowledge that the Germans somehow managed to retain.

ALL nuts and seeds are packaged with an enzyme inhibitor to prevent the seed from sprouting till conditions are right. This enzyme inhibitor can prevent access by the digestive tract to nutrients in the seed or nut and have the capacity to cause digestive upsets (bloating, diarrhea, or similar) or, later on after much cumulative affects, cause more serious auto-immune illness.

Ancient wisdom dictates that the enzyme inhibitor be neutralised before eating, hence the long soak, which is another way of providing the right conditions and switching off the inhibitor.

Sneaks out hoping that no one thinks I was harping on or preaching. Even I don't soak all my nuts and seeds before eating, but will if it is appropriate and doesn't materially alter the taste or texture of the finished product.

hezwez, Apr 27, 11:38am
In case rodcindy is running shrieking from the thread tearing her hair out birdie211, never to return, you'll find (at least) tworecipes that look nice if you google. I couldn't find any in a search of this forum.

inconsoft, Mar 20, 5:43am
Thanks for all the useful info here. I just happened to be glancing through the Community threads and this caught my eye-Have never done my own pumpkin seeds, looked up a recipe in Google, roasted seeds last weekend and but then found that we couldn't eat them as they were so hard. There was some green inside the ones we managed to open-so with wonderful help from this thread am able to clear up what should be done. On with this wonderful journey of life, one day at a time.