Roasting a leg of lamb??

suzie-q1, Mar 10, 1:24am
Just wondering how you all roast a leg of lamb? It weighs 1. 8kgs so what is the best temperature to have the oven on, and how long do I need to cook it for? thanks

valentino, Mar 10, 2:27am
Just a simple method...

Oven at 180C, smear lamb with with mint jelly... .

What I do is a little bit different to others is that put a little bit of oil in roasting dish, place the meat on it and then add aliitle bit of water, gives a nice moisture atmosphere, especially if one is doing veges as well.

Simply light covering of oil over veges (potatoes & Pumpkin are my favourites), then a wee sprinkle of salt over all and each one and as noted a wee bit of water but straight onto the dish surface.

Roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on done-ness, remove meat and allow lamb to rest for 10 to 15 minutes with veges returning to oven to finish roasting cycle or a light grill finish.

Always comes out great.

Only for Trade Me Recipe Message Board Users

senj, Mar 10, 3:46am
Oven and cooking times as above, but I use garlic and rosemary and sprinkle on some salt and just a touch of sugar, or just salt and rosemary is also nice place on rack in roasting dish with a little water if leg is lean otherwise just as is then you can use the drippings for gravy or sandwiches enjoy whatever method you choose

senj, Mar 10, 3:49am
PS:times would really depend on doneness(if there is such a word) of lamb to your taste.

peasandlove, Mar 10, 3:49am
definitely slow roast it
http://www.recipezaar.com/Incredible-Slow-Roasted-Shoulder-o
f-Lamb-277732

valentino, Oct 17, 4:50pm
senj,

doneness, one quite often uses this word... .

If it is not in the dictionary then perhaps we should claim authenticy of it... LOL.

Cheers.