Vegetarian patties recipe with no potato in HELP!

Page 2 / 2
mumstu, Oct 29, 2:51am
oh yum

buzzy110, Oct 29, 5:51am
Flour is made from wheat in case anyone is confused about that. Baking powder also contains traces of gluten. Butter is dairy. I take it that butter, even though it is not allergenic milk, is always lumped in with dairy.

I have thought about the foods your son can have. Can you cook Chinese style stir fried vegetables! If you can then you have tons of meal ideas.

Feta, made from goat or sheep milk may also be acceptable.

I make a raw vegetable feast for most meals. Any of these vegetables can be used:
Cauliflower, daikon radish (white turnip), carrots, ginger, spinach, blanched asparagus, watercress, all lettuces including rocket, celery, fennel root, beetroot, mushrooms, spring onion (soak slices in cold water first to remove bitter juices for those with sensitivities) and cucumber. They are nice with olive oil drizzled over. Goat or sheep feta, boiled eggs or fish can be added on.

Raw vegetable salads are very filling.

Like Uli said, roasted pumpkin and kumara can take the place of potatoes.

Broccoli, cauliflower, onions, carrots, baby corn, asparagus, green beans, bok choy, courgettes, mushrooms, celery and many other vegetables are on his menu and can easily make delicious stir fried meals.

B/f can be an omelette made with onions, mushrooms and spinach. No need for toast. If you need to put the omelette on to something then grate or mandolin slice courgettes and quickly stir fry them in some olive oil or boil dunk them into boiling water for 2 minutes. These are a handy noodle. The omelette can go on top of those.

frances1266, Oct 29, 6:26pm
Taro is very much like potato, you can make it into chips, mash or roast it.
It tastes really nice.Think you need to be a little careful with the skin as some people are allergic to it but it is very much like potato.

mumstu, Oct 29, 9:27pm
Wow! thanks buzzy and frances1266.great ideas. Last night he has roasted kumera,pumpkin, carrot and yams (in olive oil) and canned salmon.He was ok with that.

Tonight I am going to make some corn cous cous.Been checking out the gluten free section at the supermarket.

I will try some taro!

kob, Oct 30, 3:12am
could you subsitute the potato for kumera