17007, Oct 30, 3:59am
anyone have a recipe please?

motorbo, Oct 30, 4:55am
just get a basic fritter recipe and add the chopped mussels

traceedwards, Oct 30, 4:56am
and some curry powder

davidt4, Oct 30, 5:04am
x2
Mashed potato or kumara, chopped cooked mussels, an egg, spring onions, salt and pepper.Form into patties and shallow-fry in butter or olive oil.Add other herbs if you like - parsley, coriander, dill or basil are all nice with mussels.

beaker59, Oct 31, 2:14am
x2
There is a trick to Mussel fritters, shell them live do not steam open its actually quite easy once you get the knack. Then cut each Mussel into 3 pieces and put in a bowl for each dozen good sized mussels add a finely chopped onion, a finely chopped tomato and a handful of chopped herbs like basil and corriander. I add crushed garlic and chilli but thats optional then add 2 or 3 tablespoons of flour and a 1/4 tsp of baking powder. I sometimes add a pinch or two of curry powder too. Then stir well and fry in a mix of rice bran oil and butter. small ones for finger food or a nice big fritter for a meal. Live Mussels are OK for this recipe right now though will be better in a month or two as they are fattening up.

vtired, Jul 6, 8:01am
x1
I steam open mussels and cut into pieces put in bowl, add finely chopped 1/2 red onion, a little finely chopped bacon, juice and zest 1/2 small lemon, fresh chopped parsley s & p and combine with 4 whole eggs a little flour to bind only and pan fry gently in a little butter and olive oil, do not cook too long as this will over cook mussels. I like to taste my mussels so do not like to use strong flavours like garlic coriander etc.