MUSSEL FRITTER RECIPIES

wineo, Feb 14, 10:16am
Can someone please supply a tasty mussel fritter recipie, if not where could I find one

jessie981, Feb 14, 7:48pm
Go into the lefthand mesage board & put in mussel fritters. Where it says date posted put anytime. There are recipes there including one from Richard Till.

beaker59, Feb 14, 8:00pm
There is a trick to Mussel fritters, shell them live do not steam open its actually quite easy once you get the knack. Then cut each Mussel into 3 pieces and put in a bowl for each dozen good sized mussels add a finely chopped onion, a finely chopped tomato and a handful of chopped herbs like basil and corriander. I add crushed garlic and chilli but thats optional then add 2 or 3 tablespoons of flour an egg and a 1/4 tsp of baking powder. I sometimes add a pinch or two of curry powder too. Then stir well and fry in a mix of rice bran oil and butter. small ones for finger food or a nice big fritter for a meal.

The search function is handy but I think it pays to bring up the old favourites every now and then so everyone can share and discuss.

petal1955, Feb 14, 9:58pm
x1
This is the BEST !!!!

Mussel Fritters
(Richard Till)
Time: 30 mins
Makes: 16 fritters
Ingredients
2 cups chopped raw mussels
1 carrot finely grated
2 red chillies, chopped
Handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
5 slices white bread, cut into 5mm cubes
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup peanut oil for frying (or any other oil)
Method
Combine all ingredients except oil.
Heat oil in frying pan and fry spoonfuls of the mixture, turning once.
Serve slightly salted with lemon, or sweet chilli sauce.

prawn_whiskas, Feb 14, 10:02pm
You guys are making me hungry for some Kai now!

Hmm I could pick up a dozen when I go out later *drools*

wineo, Feb 15, 2:24am
Thanx for the recipies have just picked up several kgs at Pak/Save Albany $1.79 kg today

beaker59, Feb 15, 3:26am
Cant argue with the price EH! cheapest protien meal in the store and one of the nicest.

lynan, Dec 19, 6:13am
Bumping this as I tried Beakers suggestion and was wonderful. Definitely need to use raw mussels, the difference is amazing! I didnt use the tomato but added 1/2 pkt seafood soup mix ( so no salt needed)as per Fishers recipe on this forum and I used the chilli/fresh coriander combination from Beaker .And I agree that with a dozen mussels which are cheap, you have a great meal with a salad. :)

guest, Oct 15, 4:36am
dont like it