Hosting a gluten-free afternoon tea - ideas please

Page 2 / 2
venna2, Oct 28, 3:59am
Thanks - I've been to the supermarket this afternoon and bought a packet of gluten-free D'Lush chocolate biscuits on special - as I said earlier, I was trying to get away from chocolate but I don't need to eat them myself. I didn't see the gingernut ones.

What's the betting the gluten-free person doesn't turn up . However, I'm trying to cut down on wheat lately - I've reserved a book called 'Wheat Belly' from the library, and it seems that wheat intolerance could be more of a problem than gluten intolerance, at least for those of us without celiac disease. I heard the author interviewed, and it seems that modern wheat is very different from what our parents and grandparents ate.

elliehen, Oct 28, 4:18am
I buy an old-fashioned sourdough bread from my local Dutch bakery.I developed a taste for sourdough during years spent in the USA and made it myself for a while.

Contemporary commercial breadbakers force their bread to rise quickly to get greater output of product in a shorter time and appear to be causing tummy problems in older folk.

duckmoon, Oct 28, 8:00am
Use a slice of cucumber instead of a crackerand top with cream cheese and half a cherry tomato

duckmoon, Oct 28, 8:00am
Sushi

venna2, Oct 28, 7:20pm
Our last meeting was hosted by our Japanese member and she served something (I forget its name) that is apparently Japanese. But no sushi! It is certainly a gluten-free idea.

daleaway, Oct 28, 8:44pm
Meringues and macaroons have no flour at all.

mbos, Oct 29, 4:30am
With sushi, make sure you get a gf one - not teriyaki chicken, and no mayo.