Afternoon Tea Wedding Ideas.

kiwilifestyle, Jun 16, 11:51pm
We were going to have the normal dinner recieption but have decided that a afternoon tea would be fun. Just wanting some ideas of what we could serve. We are going to having wedding in our backyard and looking at about 20 people. Colour theme red and white. Haven't decided if we do the food ourselves or maybe get caters to do the hot food, open to ideas.

elliehen, Jun 16, 11:59pm
I went to a wedding with an afternoon tea reception and it was a fabulous old-fashioned sit-down one with china teapots and cups and three-tiered stands of sandwiches, savouries and little cakes.

I've also been to one where there was no sit-down, but simply trays and trays of fingerfood, hot and cold.things like mini fritters with dipping sauces, scallops, crayfish spoons, sushi etc

Both were more enjoyable than the sit-down meals.There's a wedding/party thread somewhere here which I'll find and bump for you.

rarogal, Jun 17, 12:51am
A friend also did the "English" type afternoon tea, beg, borrowed and stole as many beautiful old teacups with matching saucers and b&b plates.She had a very small wedding and catered for the whole thing herself.Everyone commented on what a friendly atmosphere it was as everyone mixed all afternoon.

katalin2, Jun 17, 3:39am
http://www.theritzlondon.com/tea/menus-en.html
Have a look at the above link- daughter went there for a pre wedding afternoon tea a couple of years ago and she was most impressed! Also have a look at the price; 42 POUNDS, not even dollars per person- you could probably do it for around $10 a head if you did it yourself. The photos look amazing too and the menu is given.

kiwilifestyle, Jun 17, 4:48am
Great, thanks so much for info.