How do i look up idiot proof scone please

m41, Jun 24, 5:51am
anyone !

karenz, Jun 24, 6:21am
Those lemonade and cream scones are the easiest by far, you can also add cheese to make a savoury version.

samsnan, Jun 25, 3:55am
Yes karenz they are nice but how many people would have lemonade and cream on hand all the time. I know I wouldnt but I do keep butter milk etc all the time. Not trying to rubbish you at all.

wildflower, Jun 25, 4:02am
Same here, only buy cream if have some specific use for it and no one here drinks lemonade.They do sound like nice scones though:)

alinz, Jun 25, 4:14am
Into a large bowl

sift - twice
4 cups of flour
4 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
princh of salt

chop 2 ozs of butter and then using your hands - rub into the flour

add
approx half a cup of milk - don't overmix
mis it in slowly and only just

tip on to board

cut to shape

Bake 10 mins in a pre heated hot oven

chalkiej, Jun 25, 5:06am
I couldn't make scones to save myself, they always came out like bricks, until I found a recipe in a Alison Holst book - melt the butter rather than rubbing it in.Now I make scones every weekend:3 cups flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder - sift together.melt the butter, beat an egg, approx 2 cups milk.My mixture is VERY sticky.Tip onto a floured board, put flour on your hands and pat into an oblong.Cut into 9 scones and place on baking sheet (use baking paper).Bake in a moderate oven for about 15-20 mins.Using a hot oven gives a harder outside. These never fail and taste SO good with some butter and jam.I always add dates because we like them.

kara101, Jun 25, 11:22pm
Go to supermarket buy Edmonds Scone mix and add water, far cheaper and they are by far the best scones out!Better than the lemonade recipie ones etc. Also works out more cost effective by the time you buy butter, milk, flour etc. highly recommend once you have tried you wont go back!

rainrain1, Jun 25, 11:51pm
Makes good scones alright, I agree

freedreamz, Jun 26, 2:34am
my mum freezes left over cream in the bottle and defrosts when she is going to make scones, they dont taste any different.