Versatile Scone Mix

lindylambchops1, May 26, 9:19am
Versatile Scone Mix
Mix together a large quantity of dry ingredients and butter of a plain scone recipe.
For each cup of flour add 2 tsp Edmonds baking powder and 20g butter.
(I use 10 cups of flour and mix all ingredients in a food processor.)
Don't add any liquid.
Store this in a container in the fridge.
For a small batch of scones, take out 1 - 2 cups and mix with enough milk to make the scone dough.
Add cheese etc. for cheese scones, dried fruit for fruit scones and so on.
To make pancakes or pikelets add an egg and a little sugar and enough milk to get the right batter consistency.
This mix can also be used for dumplings in a stew, and a topping for stewed fruit.
It lasts for weeks in the fridge.
Seems like a good idea to have it already mixed in the fridge.Idea taken from GrownUps site.

lindylambchops1, May 27, 12:02am
Anyone else keep a Mix in the fridge of any other sort like biscuits?

lx4000, May 27, 3:12am
sounds like a great idea! I have no room in the fridge sadly.

eastie3, May 27, 5:59am
I would have thought the bp and flour would be affected by keeping it in the fridge,so it's a good tip.Thanks lindylambchops.

m41, May 27, 6:12am
you can keep cookie dough and in most modern countries can buy itpremade to cook without affecting the raising agents :)

fifie, May 27, 6:19am
Sounds good #1like the one i used to make a alison holst one for pancakes, piklets, etc, when kids were all home kept in fridge for ages was great...

lindylambchops1, May 27, 9:19am
Versatile Scone Mix
Mix together a large quantity of dry ingredients and butter of a plain scone recipe.
For each cup of flour add 2 tsp Edmonds baking powder and 20g butter.
(I use 10 cups of flour and mix all ingredients in a food processor.)
Don't add any liquid.
Store this in a container in the fridge.
For a small batch of scones, take out 1 - 2 cups and mix with enough milk to make the scone dough.
Add cheese etc. for cheese scones, dried fruit for fruit scones and so on.
To make pancakes or pikelets add an egg and a little sugar and enough milk to get the right batter consistency.
This mix can also be used for dumplings in a stew, and a topping for stewed fruit.
It lasts for weeks in the fridge.
Seems like a good idea to have it already mixed in the fridge.Idea taken from GrownUps site.

lindylambchops1, May 28, 12:02am
Anyone else keep a Mix in the fridge of any other sort like biscuits!

eastie3, May 28, 5:59am
I would have thought the bp and flour would be affected by keeping it in the fridge,so it's a good tip.Thanks lindylambchops.

fifie, May 28, 6:19am
Sounds good #1like the one i used to make a alison holst one for pancakes, piklets, etc, when kids were all home kept in fridge for ages was great.