The food truck TV1 now

Page 3 / 3
bedazzledjewels, May 27, 5:12am
Tonight Mike takes on Mr Whippy.

elliehen, May 27, 5:35am
I wonder if some people get sick from eating cones made in those snow-freeze machines!At the end of each day, the machine must need to be cleaned to a very high standard to stop the breeding of nasties.

bedazzledjewels, May 27, 7:53am
Did he say that NZers eat 22 litres of ice-cream each a year! Wow! Someone's getting all mine then!
That beetroot ice concoction looked interesting.

makespacenow, May 27, 9:03pm
and ours.
Tempted to try the beetroot but fresh pomegranates only make it to shops in October herein TGA .
Plus kids love beetroot chips too much.
We make beetroot/carrot/sweet potato/parsing chips mix.beetroot is eaten first.kids can't get enough.
The cones looked good too might give it a go. Funny how sad he looked when that boy told him his ice cream had no taste

davidt4, May 27, 9:09pm
Many years ago in a science lab I watched a snowfreeze machine being dismantled for steam-cleaning.I haven't eaten snowfreeze since.

holly-rocks, May 27, 9:16pm
Yes they did! I certainly dont eat 22L! Maybe buy a 2L once a year and my partner and I may eat half a container.

humm yes that beetroot did sound interesting. I see he has his cook book for sale now.

:)

coast_palms, May 27, 10:41pm
Uhuh. Back in the early 80's I worked at a place on the Mt Maunganui beachfront as a schoolkid during the holidays. It was called the Kebab Kitchen.there are now multi million dollar highrises where it once stood.

One morning when we got to work we dscovered the owner dealing with a large cockroach nest that had taken up residence in the internal workings of the snow freeze machine, where it was lovely and warm to breed. There were hundreds of baby cockroaches scurrying for cover.

davidt4, May 27, 10:52pm
Exactly.I hadn't known that cockroaches existed in NZ until I saw the insides of the snowfreeze machine.

beaker59, May 28, 12:37am
I consume about 2 peoples share :) mind you Ice Cream is cheaper then milk in our area as we can get seconds at the factory for 1 dollar per L

nfh1, May 28, 12:43am
Oh my goodness - I knew there was a good reason why I do not eat that stuff!

elliehen, May 28, 12:57am
For similar reasons I would not advocate the consumption of things like frankfurters endlessly simmering in pots in service stations ;)

nfh1, May 28, 12:59am
Never had one of those - I am a dreadful wimp at eating stuff like that.Had food poisoning once and do not ever intend to get it again!Good for the diet though.

makespacenow, May 28, 1:06am
After reading that i am glad i am a food snob make things from scratch and glad i always refused to buy stuff like that for my kids despite being told "not fair" about billions times so far .

2young1, May 28, 1:34am
love the program. saw a person I know on it last nite. one of the customers lining up for the ice creams lol

elliehen, May 28, 1:41am
Michael has a great personality to go along with his creative cooking.perfect for the show.