The food truck TV1 now

Page 2 / 3
elliehen, May 3, 10:16pm
You can watch replays of episodes here.

http://tvnz.co.nz/the-food-truck/index-group-4174185

juliewn, May 5, 9:42am
Hi Lisa. :-) lovely to catch up with you. those number's by your name have grown beautifully. good for you. :-)

All well here too thanks.take good care :-)

bedazzledjewels, May 6, 5:56am
Here's hoping for some interesting breakfast ideas.
I read that Michael has sold Molten restaurant.

elliehen, May 6, 7:06am
Three tonnes of baked beans an hour at Watties ;)

Nine million cans onto the NZ market each year!

bedazzledjewels, May 6, 7:45am
That's a lot of f**rts!

donnabeth, May 7, 2:24am
I'm not sure of the aim of his breakfast. It began as implying it was for people too busy to eat breakfast, and ended up being compared to take-away breakfasts. Every choice looked delicious, but also expensive to make at home for a family-not to mention that it takes a long time to clean up the mess after making smoothies and frying mushrooms and black pudding. All in all it seemed he was saying "don't rush out without breakfast, get up an hour earlier and make something tasty"

connor2003, May 7, 4:18am
Has anyone got the recipe for microwave chips!My friend's son made them and they were yummy even though they were very salty.

sumstyle, May 7, 4:54am
http://tvnz.co.nz/the-food-truck/s2-ep3-video-4846125 from the 7 minute mark.

Essentially he sliced them thinly on the mandolin, laid them on baking paper, sprinkled them with salt and pepper, laid another piece of baking paper over them, and then microwaved them.Using the MV will be different for different people cos of variations in MV wattage.He did them on high for 7 minutes.

ange164, May 7, 5:37am
my microwave took 12 minutes. I sliced them by hand about 3mm thick. I didn't make them salty enough for my taste. I think I'd rather just buy a packet still. Even so, if I've got the craving for salty crunchy treat - it'd do the trick.

sumstyle, May 11, 4:09am
I've given these a go this afternoon.I have a 1000 watt microwave, and sliced them no thicker than 3mm.It takes about 4 minutes to get them to the crisy stage, less if I have used the potato peeler.It's good that there's no oil.

bedazzledjewels, May 13, 6:12am
Bumping up for curry night, tonight.

elliehen, May 13, 7:18am
Think Michael might be frowning on your beloved butter and cream though ;)

bedazzledjewels, May 13, 7:19am
Looks like it!
The watermelon one looks interesting.

elliehen, May 13, 11:15pm
Eggplant curry

-------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------

Serves 4
3 medium eggplants, sliced lengthways into 8 wedges
1 teaspoon olive oil
pinch salt
white pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Toss eggplant in olive oil, and salt and pepper. Place in another hot frying pan and cook until brown on both sides. Place in preheated oven and cook for 6 minutes until tender. Set aside.

3. Prepare curry sauce. Add eggplant instead of lamb to curry sauce. Remove curry leaf sprig before serving.

Curry Sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
2 shallots, chopped
2 tablespoons Food Truck Garam Masala
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 okra, sliced
1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 tindori or 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
1 cup water
1 sprig curry leaf
1 bunch spinach, blanched, pressed and chopped
1 bunch coriander leaves
1 teaspoon chopped mint

1. Stir in garlic, ginger, shallots, garam masala, oil, okra, green capsicum, tomatoes and tindori. Add water and then curry leaf sprig. Continue cooking until mixture is reduced and thick. Add lamb, then spinach, coriander leaves, and mint. Remove curry leaf sprig before serving.

1olly1, May 14, 2:24am
Thanks for posting this elliehen saves me looking online for it later.

Question do you have any other curry recipes. DH and I love a good tasty, not hot vegan curry. TIA

taurus2005, May 15, 2:04am
Just made the butter chicken - the worst tasting butter chicken I have ever come aross.Took ages to prepare everything too.Dont try this at home.

bedazzledjewels, May 15, 4:27am
Maybe it needs the fats in it after all Taurus. ;-)

elliehen, May 15, 7:25am
bedazzledjewels, can you remember where the watermelon was used!I can't find the recipe on the website

bedazzledjewels, May 15, 7:26am
I think it was a vegetarian version of the butter chicken, so just chopped watermelon tossed through the butter chicken sauce. Could be wrong though! ;-)

elliehen, May 15, 10:09am
I think you're right.Michael himself seemed to like it, so I might give that a try.

taurus2005, May 16, 6:53am
Yep, and sugar and salt, why bother eating without all this good stuff.

bedazzledjewels, May 20, 2:19am
It looks like it might be roast in a roll tonight! Not to be confused with rolled roast. ;-)

elliehen, May 20, 7:13am
I'll pass on the roll and the roast but I like the look of the instant chow-chow pickle.

bedazzledjewels, May 20, 7:32am
The shredded brussel sprouts looked good too.

bedazzledjewels, May 20, 7:53pm
The recipes from last night's roast programme are here -

http://tvnz.co.nz/the-food-truck/recipes-group-4174247