Pavlova made with icing sugar.

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, Dec 23, 5:14pm
.hezwez .Add the boiling water last as you start beating. Sort of like when you make a sponge with boiling water in it.

dyles, Dec 23, 11:49pm
What would the cooking time be for a fan oven please ladies !

wildflower, Dec 24, 2:37am
I thought about doing the ring thing then thought nah everyone just draws a ring on the baking paper, now I see it suggested on here I think, damn, should have tried it for extra height.

nik12, Dec 24, 7:31am
Last time I tried to do a 6 egg pav it nearly cooked my kenwood! My usual recipe is 2 eggs. but I tried to triple it - never again lol.4 Eggs feeds heaps anyway :-)

lindylambchops1, Dec 24, 8:05am
I just made this with 4 egg whites & made a sponge with the yolks.The pav is still in the oven, where I will leave it overnight.It looks great!But of course the proof will be in the tasting.Plan to smother the top in cream with fresh 1/4'd strawberries.
Merry Christmas!

melza28, Dec 24, 8:19am
Thanks for this recipe! I'm off to try it! :-)

horses7, Dec 26, 7:59am
Hi, Thanks heaps hezwez for Pav recipe it is awsome. I made it the night before last for Christmas day it was YUM THANKS.

morticia, Dec 26, 8:03am
We doubled the icing sugar pav recipe and almost doubled the beating time but it was sooo worth it! Made three long skinny pavs, used two side by side as a base with fresh boysenberries down the centre where they met and the third one on top like a lid, creamed the top half and drizzled chocolate over the whole thing.

sinclairsouth, Dec 26, 6:18pm
Has anyone used the glass tray from a microwave as the cooking tray for pavlovas!No mucking around as the pav can be served on this without transferring it from oven tray to plate.Plenty of these available at second hand and op shops.Just a thought to make life even easier!

pickles7, Dec 26, 6:26pm
They will be fine, made from the same stuff as casserole dishes, coffee mugs.

greatauntyof2, Dec 26, 10:50pm
Could you make 2 pavlovas out of that recipe one pav and some small meringues! id like to make a pink pav would it be ok to put some food colouring in it at the end!

valentino, Dec 27, 1:16am
I just used the Baking paper that is initially used to lift from tray to dish, left the baking paper alone, no problems.

vixx11, Dec 31, 3:28am
thanks pickles7 . my 1st pav made with this recipe and was fab! Just a little question. its huge! can I half the above recipe and do I also half the cooking times! - sorry im a very novice baker ;)

lindylambchops1, Dec 31, 3:33am
Yes I have done this.Once the final touches have been done to decorate it is ready to serve & no moving it around risking it breaking.

guest, Jan 11, 9:04am
Kewl you should come up with that. Exnlelect!

guest, Jan 13, 1:51pm
Merry Christmas (late I'm sorry) and all the best to you in 2012 :) To me Pavlova = Australian. I have never made it, but definitely love it. The berry pavovla with limoncello cream sounds divine...glad you provided a recipe for pavovla, now I have no excuse not to make it.

guest, Jan 14, 10:00am
Well, your luau looked like fun next time coactnt our Hawaii Quilt Guild, hqg.org and we'll see about getting you some aloha print fabric, Lion Kona coffee and Hawaiian Host Macadamia Nut chocolates! We love to share our aloha!